Jambands.ca

ottawacentric

Im going home Donny

Habba Babba's

I remember one time when I was like 6 or something.. I had no clue that it was a strip joint.. so I found a buy one get one free plate of fries coupon on the street so me and my buddy Malcolm tried to cash it in.. ha ha.. I bet that was a funny looking scene.. if only I was old enough to have understood why the guy just grabbed the coupon and kicked us out. We just thought he was a big jerk.

ok.. I'm going to have to go home and get my yearbooks out

in 1990 I was in grade 10

hey Gentlemonkey.. what's your name so I can look it up tonight?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a citizen of Hintonburg I will tell you that Mechanicsville is NOT Hintonburg :)

but rather our friendly wee neighbor to the North..

I just bought my house in Hintonburg thinking the same thing.. investment gold! but now that the crack and the hookers and the needle drugs have gotten really bad I'm worried that it wasn't such a sound investment.. I spent my lunch our at the cop shop on Wellington today taking with my local constable about things I can do to get the gang pushing crack in the house across the street from mine behind bars.. good fun..

but that's another story for another post

habba babbas!! haha. i think theres a kids clothing store there now ::. I think Tin Tins became the Richmond Plaza, and hosted a number of unsuccesful bars? i might be wrong. Annies was certainly the most eclectic/ accesible for 16 year olds.

Yeah. Westboro has come a long way. apparently i havent, afer graduating from the school 10 years ago! and still living within a 20 block radius.

Pat, I'm Jay McConnery, guessing i'll be in the '93 one. Probably with a bad bad hair style, and a tiedie. or a tuque, its one of two years that im thinking of. There are a bunch of people here in that yearbook, but I wont 'out' anyone. ::

man.. I'd kill to be in a 20 block radio.. almost bought a house on Tweedsmuir but the foundation was garbage.. oh well.. eventually I'll be back in the hood

and don't worry Jay, I have plenty a high school pic with bad hair (even one with hockey hair if I remember correctly), do you remember a Jon Davidson? he would have been in your grade I think.. he just married my sister

my sister is Kate Cooney.. she graduated in like 98 or 99 or something like that

I know of Calum and Jamie because of Kate's relationship with Jon.. butI don't really know them..

and yeah.. howler, I agree.. the Hintonburg Mechanicsville are has so much potential it's frightening.. but trust, as a resident there currently, it's not an overly nice place to live.

Hopefully it can get cleaned up but that takes time and money and unfortunately the cops don't have much of either. They are doing a lot and it's great, and it's really great that the community is really pulling together the way it is, but we are LONG LONG way from getting cleaned up.

I dunno.. maybe in 10 years it will be a real happenin hood (in other ways that it is today). 10 years is a long time.

At the same time, hintonburg is actually worse today than it was 10 years ago.. it had really cleaned up, like when I bought my house, but in the past 6 months to a year it has gone super down hill.. to the point where long time residents are actually moving out, they just can't take it any more.

it's really sad. I really like hintonburg, it's a great hood, but if it's going to be like this even for the next two years I'm probably going to have to move as well.. I just can't take it much longer.