Jambands.ca

Dave Holland Quintet Discount Password!!!

Marky

I have created a special 25% Discount for Jamband.ca members.. This show is Friday Oct.1 at the Toronto Centre for the arts.. It features Dave Holland Chris Potter, Robin Eubanks, Nate Smith and Steve Nelson.. As well AS a 45 minute opening solo set with Jason Moran. Dave Holland is arguably the best Jazz bassist in the world... Anyways the password to be used through ticektmaster (web, phone, outlets) is "music". It will give you a 25% discount.. Hope this benefits some people who might be interested in jazzy Stuff!!!

holland.jpg

For the record, I think the Dave Holland Quintet is one of the most interesting and exciting jazz bands that is touring now. Aside from the heavy, heavy playing is Dave's gamala-taki concept, where all time signatures (even 4/4) are broken down into a myriad of possibilities utilising micro rhythms or twos and threes. So, 4/4 can equal 8/8 which can break down to 2+2+2+2 or 3+3+2 or 2+3+3 or 3+2+3. Anyway, it's extrememly challenging and sounds extrememly cool. Dave's band is very well versed in the concept, and they do it all night.

Go, and where's my busty Ottawa show?

the closest is montreal on the 2nd sorry hoepfully next year, yerah i totally agree, every major jazz magazine has holland and his quintert at the top of the field in almost every category, he practically won every conceivable award in this year's downbeat critics awards...