Jambands.ca

Mike & Jeff at JIMMY JAZZ tonight!

ersh

I guess that was a joke but it's an electric piano with Mike acoustic. Do yourself a favour and GO to this show. It was a helluva good time last week. I am doing myself a favour and not going (well I'm doing my recently ulcerated stomach a favour). They were playing a ton of requests including Burt tunes Watching TV, In The Belly, By The Door and a handful of others. The covers which was the majority of the set were amazing too including Comes A Time, Sultans of Swing, Such a Night (nice!!), Back to Memphis (double nice!!) and just more and more gems. If my stomach could handle it I'd be out in spades but I need to survive the next two weeks.

Another great night of music by the boys! My ulcer is not thanking me but really this is a really fun night of music, endless covers, tight versions of Burt songs (some real rarities or side project stuff all quite good). Last night off hand they did Wild Horses, Torn and Frayed, Everybody Nows This Nowhere, Terrapin, Stash (for a bit gee I guess Mike reads Guitar World tabs too!), Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Sleeping (Richard Manuel!) and a handful of other Band or Manuel tunes ie. I Shall Be Released (Jeff is really nailing the falsetto Richard croon lately). Really this is just so good not sure why people aren't coming out- could probably read too much into that though.

I know the Monday's are tough for me too. It must have started say at 11:00 which of course is even more of a challenge. That said it is just that good and a whole lot of fun. Really neat to hear Mike and Jeff just going toe to toe with their songs and others- sparse arrangements but yet they work really well.

And what was up with me scaring you that wasn't even some of my real 'out' sh!t.