Jambands.ca

Austin City Limits - new season

Basher

Well, this is one episode left, but I thought I'd share.

http://www.austincitylimits.com/artists/program_guide_current.asp

John Fogerty (10/2/2004)

Robert Randolph & The Family Band (10/9/2004)

Damien Rice followed by Patty Griffin (10/16/2004)

Michael McDonald followed by Joss Stone (10/23/2004)

Lyle Lovett followed by Jamie Cullum (10/30/2004)

Sheryl Crow (11/6/2004)

Polyphonic Spree followed by Ozomatli (11/13/2004)

Elvis Costello (11/20/2004)

The Flaming Lips followed by The Shins (12/18/2004)

Wilco followed by Bright Eyes (1/8/2005)

Trey Anastasio (1/15/2005)

TBA (1/22/2005)

The Pixies (1/29/2005)

Maybe a TAB Winter tour really is in the works.

Guest Low Roller

While I'm at it, here are some other gems on PBS:

Monday, October 4, 7:30PM

Loreena McKennitt: No Journey's End NO JOURNEY'S END is a visually stunning record of Loreena McKennitt's journey to the sources of her musical and spiritual roots. It follows McKennitt from her native Canada to the breathtaking landscapes and Celtic traditions of Ireland, and from the exotic rhythms of Morocco to echoes of Spain's rich medieval past.

(not my cup of tea, but I know that some of you like her.)

Monday, October 18, 8:00PM

Live from Lincoln Center: Grand Opening/Jazz at Lincoln Center -This program celebrates the opening of Frederick P. Rose Hall, its new home in New York City's spectacular Time-Warner building. Artistic director Wynton Marsalis will showcase three new performance spaces built especially for Jazz at Lincoln Center. The evening will feature performances by Jazz at Lincoln Center's ensembles, augmented by appearances by special celebrity guests, including Branford and Ellis Marsalis and Tony Bennett.

Monday, October 4, 7:30PM

Loreena McKennitt: No Journey's End NO JOURNEY'S END is a visually stunning record of Loreena McKennitt's journey to the sources of her musical and spiritual roots. It follows McKennitt from her native Canada to the breathtaking landscapes and Celtic traditions of Ireland, and from the exotic rhythms of Morocco to echoes of Spain's rich medieval past.

Loreena McKennitt is a gem. I don't like her music, but being from Stratford I can see all the good stuff she's done. The public school I attended from K - 6 was going to be sold to developers for who knows what, instead she offered the school board more than the asking price for the property, kept the building intact, fixed it up inside, and turned it into a early childhood learning centre (I think that's what it is). She's had a really tough time personally the past 8 years or so and it's great to see that she can still do stuff around home that will help people.

AD

The Slip are probably being taped as a back up. Maybe they will be one half of a TBA show.

Pixies tape on Oct 18th.

My question is, why does Trey A. get a whole show and the Flaming Lips don't? His solo stuff is even worse than Phish.