Jambands.ca

Rodney Dangerfield dies on this day 10/5

TimmyB

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rodney Dangerfield (news), the goggle-eyed comic famed for his self-deprecating one-liners and signature phrase "I can't get no respect," died on Tuesday at age 82, his publicist said.

Dangerfield, who became a pop culture sensation with a string of broad film comedies starting with "Caddyshack" in 1980, died at 1:20 p.m. PDT (4:20 p.m. EDT) at the UCLA Medical Center, where he had undergone heart valve replacement surgery in August, spokesman Kevin Sasaki said in a statement.

May you rest in peace Rodney Dangerfield.

Shortly before he died, he contacted those psychos known as the "Raelians" to try to get himself cloned! I wonder if he ever got that going (presuming anyone actually believes that those nuts have the technology to pull it off; as they claim). There could be a petrie dish somewhere with a little Rodney-to-be...

I don't care what he said... he got a shitload of respect from me. The one man that gave George Carlin a run for his money. Ok... he and Richard Pryor. Come to think of it, Carlin could kick Rodney's ass all over a stage. And Richard could, too. With one freebase ignition behind his back! And don't even talk to me about Carrot Top...

Rest in peace, Rodney.