Jambands.ca

Pink Floyd: Will Pigs Fly?

MarcO

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

I know I should pray for more important things than this, like the tragedy of the genocide in Darfur, or the unjust war in Iraq, or the treatment of Palestinians in the occupied territories and even the indifference that Canada has to the safety of their Indigenous women. Also the importance to get George W Bush out of White House in November.

All these things are important, but please Lord let the "classic" line-up of Pink Floyd reunite. And if I can take it one step further let them play at Ivor Wynne Stadium, how cool would that be? Pretty cool eh God?

Thanks again for listening,

Tim

Amen

According to fan Web site www.rogerwatersonline.com, Q recently published a special edition magazine devoted to Pink Floyd that included interviews with Waters and Mason. The Web site speculated the magazine may have used at least one of the two musicians as a source.

Oh yeh, I bet it was something like Nick saying "well it could be interesting to play with Roger again."

My money - no way this happens, not that I wouldn't love it. There is about 100 times better chance of a Talking Heads or Police reunion. Hell, there might be a better chance of a Beatles reunion.

- M.

According to fan Web site www.rogerwatersonline.com, Q recently published a special edition magazine devoted to Pink Floyd that included interviews with Waters and Mason. The Web site speculated the magazine may have used at least one of the two musicians as a source.

Funny actually when you think back to last november when this happened...

Roger Waters has done something he said he would never do, perform with Pink Floyd again.

According to rogerwatersonline.com it took the funeral of their close friend Steve O'Rourke to reunite Waters with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright.

Floyd with Waters performed two songs, 'The Great Gig In The Sky' and 'Fat Old Sun' at O'Rourke's funeral. It was the first time the four members had performed together since The Wall concerts of 1981. 'Great Gig' is from their all time classic 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'Fat Old Sun' was from the earlier 'Atom Heart Mother' album.

O'Rourke had managed Pink Floyd for 35 years and was General Manager of their company Pink Floyd Ltd.

An accomplished racing car driver as well, Steve had to retire from the sport last year when his doctor advised him that he had a heart condition.

He died of a stoke in Miami, Florida on October 30 at the age of 63.

by Paul Cashmere

And then this...

Earlier reports that Roger Waters did the impossible and reunited with Pink Floyd for the funeral of their late manager has turned out to be untrue.

It is now unclear if Waters even attended the funeral of Steve O'Rourke on Friday but David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright did play for the mourners.

Seems rumors pop up every fall... lol.gif

Actually I was doing a bit more research on this and just found out that Nick played with Roger at Wembley in 2002, which I hadn't known before:

http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/t1665.html

However Mason was always Waters' closest mate in the band going back to the old days. Rick Wright was kicked out by and/or quit because of Waters after The Wall (depends on who you ask), Gilmour and Waters' acrimony is the stuff of legend.

Still, it's an intriguing possibility...

- M.

Bands that will never reunite with entire/original living members:

Pink Floyd

The Smiths

The POlice

The Misfits (with original vocalist Glenn Danzig)

Phish ;-)

Soundgarden

Creed (not too sure on that one ;-)

it just won't happen! End of story! Get over it!

but, hey, what do I know; I always thought the Pixies would never get back

while I tend to think the Floyd will never reuinite I would love for that to happen, that would have to be in my top 5 dream concerts to see. I still have hope though. I bet there's a long list of bands that have broken up and gotten back together with the original members. Actually I'd be willing to say that most bands that brake up with all the original members still alive eventually reunite. Let's hope that's true for Pink Floyd.