Jambands.ca

ConTACT meets BullmOOSe

Seamo

OK, I'm confused. The Mavericks calendar lists "Contact with Guests" for Friday, Oct. 15, and the latest e-mail from Contact also says the show with Contact and Bullmoose at Mavericks is Oct. 15.

I hope the show actually is Oct. 22, because I'm doing the Slip run next weekend, and I'll be in Hamilton on Oct. 15, but I'd like to get it sorted out one way or another.

Aloha,

Brad

hey brad,

as it turns out, we were not able to do the ottawa show on oct 22, so it's been changed to oct 15...too bad you can't come out.

i do, however, have something for you...if you go to the live music archive, you can download our last show from cafe dekcuf...here's the link: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=18622

i honestly can't believe the sound we got out of 2 sm58's and a minidisc! i give full credit to the great sound in that room and the sound guy for making it sound so good. i'd even venture to say BEST ROOM EVER!

shakey

hey shakey...i've always been curious...why the 58's?

is it a 'these things are pretty normal' deal or do you have it mapped out for a specific reason?

they're easy to replace, easily serviced, and fairly standardized...if you know your mics you understand their colour.

do you like how they sound over other mics?

won't cry like a baby if you ever lose em?

so many questions...

Bullmoose IS with Contact and an Ottawa quintet named Soul Jazz Orchestra tonight at Maverick's in Ottawa...

Sorry kids, this is a last minute show, I hope you can still drag yourselves out.

A night of a triple first for all of us.

ROLL CALL IT!

Seamo de Bullmoose.

hey rob...the reason for the 58's is that we have them...i'd like to get some better mics for live recording, but then again, i could name $10,000 worth of gear i'd like to buy...different mics are on the list, they're just not a super high priority because we have the 58's available. they actually sound pretty good when we tape our shows (especially at dekcuf)...just missing the very bottom end (which is too bad cause the low end of my djembe isn't picked up as well as i'd like it to be)

does that answer your question?

Great show and solid turnout tonight with Contact, Bullmoose and Soul Jazz Orchestra @ Maverick's.

Contact showed up late but luckily we didn't have to sweat it cause they only got on at 12:55! Bullmoose rocked and SJO afro-funked.

Guess all the Ottawa heads are busy resting for the Slip in Montreal tonight...see you next time Twatawa.

Seamo and the Moose

hey hey.....a small handful of Twatawatonians of hardcore pedigree rocked this one out last night!

Great show folks, missed SJO, but the Moose and Contact were very enjoyable.

Was giving the 'ol liver a trial run for tonight so I couldn't really name one song either band played, but good times, good crowd.

Good to see, hook up, giver and talk to ol Geoffroy last night!

Thanks fer cumin out to bang one off with us last night!

That show was too last minute, we all know that. Next one will prove stellar.

Keep an eye on the Moose, it's hard to miss.?

Seamo