Jambands.ca

The Pink Panther Prequel

AdamH

Well I just won a bet on the spelling of Jacques Clouseau - In checking the answer I found out that there's a new Pink Panther movie due out soon, starring Steve Martin and Kevin Kline, Beyonce and some people I don't know. The original is hilarious, not as good as The Party but still a good laugh.

I believe it's not a prequel but a continuation. Steve might be the only guy that could pull it off, although he's done his fair share of stinkers in the last 10 years ( excluding Bowfinger ). I'm hoping for the best, since Sellers is one of my favourite actors of all time.

The first Pink Panther movie was more of a David Niven, Robert Wagner movie. Clouseau stole the film, but it isn't anywhere near as funny as the next three films ( which are some of the funniest comedies ever made: A Shot In The Dark, The Return Of The Pink Panther and The Pink Panther Stikes Again - the funniest of them all ). The Revenge has it's moments, but it loses steam - still worth owning however.

Sellers made so many great and funny films, but I love his Clouseau character best, although all of his character were hilarious in Dr. Strangelove.

Sellers made so many great and funny films, but I love his Clouseau character best, although all of his character were hilarious in Dr. Strangelove.

If you get a chance, check out some of the black & white "Ealing" comedies he did in the '50s and '60s, like The Ladykillers and I'm All Right Jack. In "I'm All Right Jack", Sellers played a union boss, and did it so straight-up and deadpan that he had the crew of the movie (all union people) killing themselves laughing.

Aloha,

Brad