Jambands.ca

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

MarcO

Let's direct our collective invective towards Ashlee Simpson for a moment or two. Not sure how many people have seen this (click on her sexy photo to see the vid) but it's her appearance from SNL last week, wherein the wrong song gets called up for her to lip-synch to.

I love it when this happens because it really reveals the sorry state of mainstream entertainment in these days. Check it out.

Oh, and if I were a member of her band, I'd be going LOCO backstage afterwards...... ::

Is nobody getting mad at SNL for this? SNL is one of the few shows on air right now with any musical credibility at all. (Is anybody watching the '70s SNLs that Prime is showing in the afternoons? In about the space of a week I saw Sun Ra, Tom Waits, The Rolling Stones, Frank Zappa, Van Morrison, etc. What I really want is a multi-DVD set of every musical act that's been on SNL, indexed by artist, appearance date, song title, etc. Heck, the sound could be mono and I'd still buy it...) But by allowing her to lip-synch (which she couldn't have done without the involvement or at least the approval of the SNL crew), SNL has shown itself to be capable of airing musical fraud. IMHO, SNL, as well as Simpson, owe at least an explanation if not an apology to music fans.

Aloha,

Brad

i love how when she appologized she blamed her band. Could you see the smirks on their faces after she left the stage?

hilarious. i'm sure they're sick of her sh!t and were loving it.

also equally hilarious was her dance. how pathetic was that?

SNL is getting increasingly weak every season. Much like rolling stone they're not about the music anymore as much as they are getting the young idiots to buy their crap.

haha, yeah, i caught the smirks on their faces... priceless.. i like how the band still rocked out, though.. good on 'em.

oh, and by the way, this is the first time i have ever heard the name "Ashlee Simpson"... is she the next big teen sensation? im guessing a relation to Jessica Simpson?

the state of "mainstream entertainment" these days is just awful. simply awful. im so torn by it, though.. i dont know whether to laugh or puke. i suppose i could laugh and puke at the same time. i've done it before.

I missed most of the show but the weekend update was pretty funny. the fidel castro bit had me laughin.

Consumer culture is pretty hilarious. i can't even get angry at it anymore it's become so absurd you have to just laugh it off. I mean does much music even show video's anymore? All i see is on there anymore is cribs, pimp my ride or pimp my mom or other equally rediculous shows.

"but she also sucks"

hahaha... thanks for that... and for filling me in, too.

i gather from her photo that she's like the badass rebel sister? probably marketed in the same realm as an avril lavigne or so? that little soundclip on the video made me think of that, too. too much, man. much too much. hahaha, when will it end... ?

Thats what i'm thinkin. there was a time i would look forward to the musical guest on SNL. It would give me a reason to stay home on a saturday night. Looking back over last years performances I didn't see one band except outkast that I would be interested in. They're chasing a different demographic I guess. Or is it times have changed and the mainstream music I thought was cool was being loathed at the time by someone else saying the same thing. no. can't be. at least I knew the bands I stayed up late for didn't lip synch.

see marcos first post for the link... then click her pretty pic for the video... and yes, she did everything you asked about... stumbled, turned her back, tried to do some weird little dance, then left the stage... the smiles on the faces of her back-up band says it all... its gold.

Come on Marc your answering maching actually says that you are me and my girlfriend! You don't only know me you want to be me!

So this is how it will work. Tonight I'll give you a call when "The Newlyweds" is on (either 7PM or 11PM) and you and Rachael and I can watch it together. Won't that be fun?