Jambands.ca

Sisters Young

can-o-phish

Well, yet another stellar night @ The Orbit last night. The Sisters are now headed for Berlin for the Berlin Jazz Fest and then off to Radio Bremen to record what is shaping up to be a two disc tribute to Neil Young.

Last night they started things off with "After The Goldrush", "Southern Man", "Harvest", "Needle & The Damage Done" & "Ohio". For good measure they also threw in "Harvest Moon", "Helpless" & "Cinammon Girl". All these gems plus a good helping of their own selections and then a sweet encore of their cover of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind".

Rumour has it that The Sisters might be heading up to Ottawa to spread the fun.

Cheers,

Can'O'Phish

Two discs! Holy smokes, I don't know what brought on the sudden Neil obsession for the Sisters but I look forward to hearing some it. Hopefully they'll dig into Neil's albums and not only play his biggest hits -- not that they are bad songs but there are so many great tunes that never see the time of day. (Don't Spook The Horse!!!) Is that Hamilton date still gonna be re-scheduled?

Ya, so many songs to pick from but their versions are definitely unique. Nice thing is that they play them well and LOUD just as Neil would and does.

Not sure about the Hamilton show, but do know that they are eager to play at other venues outside of Toronto. Kevin handles the booking for the group.

Can'O'Phish