Jambands.ca

WESLEY WILLIS

StoneMtn

I haven't heard his music but I have heard of him,he was also a artist.Pretty good read here about him.

http://www.monzy.org/wesley/

Never heard of Willis before? Until recently, no one had. He lived on the streets of Chicago, homeless, selling his city landscape line drawings and playing music on his late 80's Casio keyboard from K-Mart. After saving for a while, he pulled together the money to cut a few albums, and suddenly his musical career took off. Willis was "discovered", and is now an artist under Dino Paredes and the major record label American Recordings. He has released at least 20 albums as a solo artist and with his punk rock band, the Wesley Willis Fiasco, and has over 400 songs in circulation.

Heres his artwork website.

www.wesleywillisart.com/

nah, he's a big teddy bear. he's gentle. he can go for a long time, but he's gentle. one of my buddies had to endure like 8 or 9 consecutive headbutts, he just wouldnt let him go. i cant decide if my favourite part of the night was when he stopped the show before it started, arguing that 'his dick has got to go piss', or when at the end of his half hour set he argued with the crowd that he was done, no more songs, he'd been up there for 'a whole half an hour' and his ass was sore. wesley put his foot down, and i really dug it.

Well it doesn't appear that Tickler digs his music too much, but some people actually do. (I'm sort of undecided myself; but he's definitely interesting.)

If you do like his music, though, there's a guy in Toronto who calls himself "Just Like the Movies" who does very similar stuff. Instead of being a huge, fat, black guy from Chicago, he's a little, blonde, white guy from Toronto, but he's pretty cool and he deserves support by Canadian fans.

His first disc "mama said make you smile" isn't so great but his second disc, "SHAKE IT", is actually pretty cool. He's worth checking out. (His real name is Chris Mills.)