Jambands.ca

Bob Wiseman

Im going home Donny

Yeah, It's called The Tour Of Responsibility, and it features Bob Wiseman, Sook Yin Lee, The Distractions, and the Knock Knock. Who's There comedy troup.

The show is this Sunday, November 14th, at SAW Gallery, 67 Nicholas Street 236-6181. I don't know the cover charge.

Last time BW was at the SAW Gallery, there was about 6 of us from the board, and maybe two others there. Bob made us cry, it was so fu©king beautiful.

Hopefully he gets at least ten people this time.

Bob Wiseman on Wednesday November 17, will be performing with his former band Blue Rodeo at Lee's Palace. Ticket details are here.

Wednesday Nov. 17: A rare small club show celebrating their 20th Aniversary

‘LOST TOGETHER: A Blue Reunion’ BLUE RODEO

w/Members of the original lineup @10:30, celebrate their 20th B-Day and the release of their first ever DVD ‘Blue Rodeo in Stereovision’. $20.00 CASH ONLY at Door (9:00 PM). The Daily Bread Food Bank will be in the Merch are or in Lobby to take donations, be it $$$$ or non-perishable/canned food

Tickets: They are NO ADVANCE Tickets. All Patrons are welcome to line up outside the venue anytime in the afternoon after 2:00 PM. You will be WRISTBANDED and ID’d in the order of the line, by Leslie n Joel, in intervals between 2:00 PM, n throughout the late afternoon n early evening, until 7:30 PM, or until all available wristbands have been issued. (This is so you don’t have to spend all afternoon n evening in the cold in line)

The Wristband Policy is for EACH PERSON w/ID, you can pick up a maximum of TWO WRISTBAND(s). The ID holder picking up the spare (2nd Wristband) will have their wristband fastened on site at time of pick up, and at that time you can sign in for your guest, by name.

YOU, and your guest, MUST be back in Line, outside the venue, at 8:00 PM, in sequential order of your numbered wristbands, please with bands ATTACHED to your defacto wrists. At 8:15, Joel, MC, Leslie, and Theresa will re-check your ID(s), validate your entry, and very soon after you will enter the Venue for the show.

Please note, all tickets are $20.00 CASH ONLY.

I bet he would be okay with it.

Argh. Something came up this afternoon, and as a result, I'm just not up for coming out tonight. (The situation's been dealt with, but I just don't feel up for another potentially late night [and a Sunday night taboot taboot] out.)

Apologetically,

Brad

Another pile of quality music from Mr. Wiseman. Similar to his last stop in town, but he did some different stuff, and had some new ideas going on. He had these recorded clips that would be him thinking things like "what song am I gonna do next? Dammit, I look so unprofessional, geez, just do Stay Untracteable, people think that's cute."

There were some comedy troups before him that were actually pretty good. Sook Yin Lee followed Bob and made me wonder why she is quasi-famous. Okay, she has a nice voice, but if you're gonna get in front of an audience, I for one think a person should prepare to entertain. She did little other than sing some Chinese acappella songs that were nursery rhymes or theme songs from popular Chinese tv shows and stuff.

Bob embarrassed me by forcing me onstage to jam with him and Sook and a few of the comedians. It was less than stellar but at least I was in control enough to end it before it got too tedious.

Oh, and it was packed this time. Good for them.

Great night of entertainment. Comedy troupe...had me laughing not feeling embarresed(how comedians often leave me feeling).

Bob Wiseman...incredible...turns out after all of us that were there last year were on the same page...when he did the Uranium song w/video...starts off cute and funny...crowd was laughing...we were all in our heads waiting for the axe to drop and crush the laughers...oooh burned...

Oh ya the dance off or the lead up to a dance off was hillarious.

Sook...at first with her interactive crowd stuff....thought I was going to die but then she got going. I realy enjoyed her songs.

I could die to the one about colonizing the moon...I really found this a beautifull peice...I wanted to buy a cd w/this song and also a Wiseman cd but they'd packed it all away before it was over?

The final mini video/movie/clip about the awkward, sad lovers was kinda touching too.

Anyways a really worthwhile night that I highly reccomend that folks catch next time around. :P