Jambands.ca

i actually enjoyed the opera house yesterday....

that big mother is a fuckwadd. hate him like satan, he actually goes out of his way to be rude and, well, fuckwaddish.

fu©k him.

last night was fun though. except when fuckwadd threw out chickenbutter420 during She Sends Me.

fuckwadd.

i should also add, before all of his supporters come here and tell me to get to know him, that i did try diplomacy, good manners, and the dead sober approach but he was hearing none of it. wouldn't let me go and give keys to the person who got kicked out so that they could stay warm in my truck. thats just mean, it was friggin cold last night.

when i went to see Steve Kimock there a while back i forgot to get money on the way in so i of course wanted to go out and get some....to my request he responded 'well you're fu©kin stupid aren't you'

sorry people but i don't see the cudly side. won't be frequenting that joint for quite some time now, too bad really, i kind of like it.

moe rocked!

Well Choix, you conveniently failed to mention why your friend was kicked out so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he did something to get himself kicked out?

Considering all the bullshit these guys have to put up with I'm not at all surprised if they act indignant. I'm not justifying his choosing to deny the keys, but based on the number of times I have watched seemingly normal people act like complete assholes to a person doing their job I don't feel all that bad for ya. It ain't easy being the tough guy...not that my 150lbs would know.

Anyone else think that guy looks like Penn?

penn.jpg

ok...maybe that's not the best picture...

I don't like that guy too much either. I think he makes a game out of busting people and kicking them out. I've seen him standing at the side near the front of the crowd, sticking his nose up and sniffing, until he finds what he's looking for, too many times.

I wasn't there last night, and haven't been to the Opera House in a while. I'm curious - since the no-smoking bylaw, have they started to let people in and out to smoke? Or do the poor smokers have to suffer through a whole show without a cigarette?

i didn't reveal the cause of getting kicked out because its none of the general public's business what someone else got kicked out for. if that person decides to come forth with details than great.

i know first hand the trials and triulations of 'the bouncer' i did it at the busiest 'dance' bar in chatham for a year. i was at the door too, not easy when you know every damn person in town and they all feel like you owe them a favour. many many rednecks and children behaving as such. not really asking for you to feel bad for me.

yes, he did do something to get kicked out and fully support the action. doing dumb things has consequences, but do your job and be professional, thats all.

you did overlook the fact that he once called me 'fu©kin stupid' Can you explain that one. the show hadn't even started yet and i hadn't even had one beer.

Anyone else think that guy looks like Penn?

I get that a lot, too. But that guy is way bigger than I am.

I can't figure out if he's an ass or just doing his job. I've seen the bouncers at the OH less ferocious than they were last night when there are cops in the building, man. They were out for blood last night, couldn't figure it out. Maybe now they're worried about the cops walking in mid-show, and saying, "Ok we can plainly see that there are 5 different people smoking marijuana in here, here's your hefty ticket" whereas before the smoking ban, they could just chalk it up to "we thought they were smoking cigarettes". Either way, I've seen the guy be nice before (like once) but every other time he seems to be a jackass so I don't even give him a wayward look. But you have to figure that the jackass thing is to intimidate people from the get-go. Either way, a serious buzzkill when that guy comes pulverizing through the crowd.

Anybody see a show at the Docks recently? The Aussie PF show was there a while back, I didn't go because I had already seen them at the Hummingbird. Were the bouncers intense about the heat there? I bet the size of that place rivals the OH. Maybe it's a little bigger.