Jambands.ca

nero, 11.14.04; Moncton, NB.

Northern Wish

It seems like it has been a lifetime since 11.11.01, when I first witnessed the power of nero. It was long ago, in the tiny Circus Room in Kitchener where this whole ride began- and its a little bittersweet steppin off. Its appropriate that the factors of threes played out in spades last night. 3 years and 3 days since I had started seeing them, in three provinces, 3 kick ass musicians, 3 different buses/ vans, my third night of this little run and still 3 wonderful smiling faces everytime I see them. What can I say about nero that hasn't already been said? Nothing. And everything is true.

They rock, they roll, they tour, they smile, they pound, they jam, they love, they brought us all together, they are and always will be nero.

Thanks nero boys for everything, we have all reaped the good tidings that you have sown with your hard work, talent and dedication!

To mangle a Gord Downie rant, "Special thanks to nero, we are all richer for having seen them this evening."

I assume you have already seen my post about the first two shows.... so I won't bother talking about those again.

DaveO opened. Soundcheck from Dave included a snippet of P+Marbles, and Kyles Song. Set included the usuals plus Nellie Jean (slip).

Nero, 11.14.04

Paramount Lounge

Moncton, NB

I only

Breakline*

Downside Up

Condor

Travellin Matt (DaveO request)

The Year of...

Effervescence

Zedonk

E:

Runnin with the Devil

*Lauzons echoplex crapped out, and between Breakline and Downside Up they had to take a 10 minute break. DaveO's loop equipment came in handy!

Sean

Awesome weekend following and saying farewell to Nero. My personal highlight was the 3 song 2nd set in Halifax on Saturday night - Lemondust, Condor, Darius.

It was a pleasure and a privilege to be able to open (and guitar tech!) the last show I'm going to get to see. As I said last night, not only has Nero been the hardest working/touring band around, but they are true ambassadors of the CanJam scene. Your music and support will be greatly missed.

Now for what you all really want to know... ;)

Dave Rahmer 11.14.04

Sunday Sound (Chris Robinson), Old Home Town Pain, Stretch, Ode To My Basement Apt > Nellie Jean (Slip) > Soggy Ashtray, Buried Dreams (new song, title tentative) > Forget The Flowers (Wilco), 12 In My Heart

Guest Low Roller

Nice! Good stuff there DaveO. Would've loved being there, but, you know...

I'm most disappointed that I'm missing the entire final Nero run. The only Nero I have here in Paris is a chain of coffee shops called Nero Café. I giggled the first time I saw it, and now it just depresses me.