Mule >

What Is Hip >

Mule

Drums

I'm A Ram

30 Days In The Hole

ENCORE:

Lola, Leave Your Light On

Are you freakin' kidding me?? Mule in Calgary?? Yep, it happened....LARGE! First set started off slowly and had a few sound issues that had to get ironed out. Rocking Horse and Thorazine ended the first set PERFECTLY. Up until those songs they seemed to really be feeling things out and once they realized that Calgary likes it RAWK they amped it up and kept that going through the second set. The entire second set was just rediculous!! The jamming was so hard and intense I could hardly believe it...total rock and roll package. Huge double bass drum action layered with Warren just SHREDDING. For a while I watched Hess and Louis double teaming Warren, pushing for this disco kinda funky thing but Pudgy is a stuborn man. He held them off and got his way once again. The drum solo in the second was awesome and I notice from past setlists they have been doing it with some regularity...I heard some dudes behind me saying "wow, ive never been to a concert like this before!! Maybe a sign of things to come? " His buddy just shook his head in amazment. I also heard some younger fellas saying how Warren was like a Jeff Beck or Steve Vai for their generation (18 year olds that is)...to the utter astonishment of a forty something musicaholic brought up on the sounds of said guitar legends :) Anyhow, the show made my face melt and I look forward to hearing it again!!

Indeed, the Rev. Al does the original. Another awesome version is on the second Big Sugar record, Five Hundred Pounds. Totally raunchy, rootsy, bluesy.

That is a fu©king sick setlist. The Mule in Toronto was awesome too, but that looks like a better list. We were also treated to Fallen Down > Other One Jam > FD and it was sick. I am so in love with the Mule, I hardly have words to describe. I am also loving the new record; Wine and Blood is a hidden gem on the record, in my opinion. We didn't hear it in Toronto though.

I was more than impressed with last night. My head is still buzzin from stanind next to the speakers. I've never listened to much mule before but last night turned me on big time. Great show. Warren tore it up for sure and that drum solo was tits. absolute tits. i lost my voice from trying to scream over the PA. Awesome, i'd see them again in a second.