Jambands.ca

The Slip vs. The Slip... Let's get it on!

Thorgnor

It was definitely Lonely Boy to open the second. It was actually sort of Pulse> Lonely Boy although should probably just be labelled Lonely Boy. I am absolutely certain of it Guigs. Brad and I talked about it right before they went on. I think part of your confusion might be that he splits the signal on his mic on both Lonely Boy and the closer Suffocation Keep I believe- creating that weird ominous distant sounding voice effect.

oh no, im not confused... i was pretty sure they played it in hamilton, too, as the 2nd set opener.. but its not on the recording, thats all i was curious about... unless we're both nuts? ::

still tryin to figure out that guitar part between the Else tease and Fields of Joy... everytime i listen to it, its on the tip of my tongue, but i can never figure out what it is!

Just so you know Brad is often unaware of doing those things himself until you point it out to him. There's one bit I have been chewing over on that Bluebird recording from Denver you sent me. Can't remember the tune now but there is a quick quote of 'If I Only Had A Brain' and then they do maybe 4 bars or more of.... some pop tune.... driving me crazy. I like to label these things as fully as possible and always want to chase down the leads.

Didn't think you were confused only thought to draw the parallel between Lonely Boy and Keep- I think those are the only two he's using that vocal effect on.

i got ya... yeah, i have only heard him use that effect on those songs, myself... maybe a new piece of gear, a replacement for some sh!t that got stolen? i've been thinking about that...

i'll have to give that denver show a listen and see about that wizard of oz bit... what song is it in?

the amount of talking that can be heard during the suffocation keep recording at PJC's is aweful

give weirdness and BradM (and any other tapers out there) some respect. If you can't get into the tune the band is playing and NEED to talk, move away from the taper section. They are making these fantastic recordings for all of us to enjoy for many days to come.

I kind of think that the crowd noise is part of the charm of live recordings. I used to get pissed off and stopped listening to them for quite a while because of it, but now I've mellowed and I think of it as part of the recombinant texture of the "mix". (take a whiff of that Choix :) )

I kind of think that the crowd noise is part of the charm of live recordings. I used to get pissed off and stopped listening to them for quite a while because of it, but now I've mellowed and I think of it as part of the recombinant texture of the "mix". (take a whiff of that Choix :) )

have ya heard the suffocation keep ?

the talking is a bit less than charming IMO

1. Intro

2. Tonight We Leave Chicago

3. Wolof

4. Fear of Falling

5. Predicting The Rain

6. Poor Boy *

7. Driving Backwards With You

Disc 2 - Set II:

1. Moonlight Mile

2. Get Me With Fuji