Jambands.ca

Festival Express 2 DVD...

PassedOutGuy

man am I excited!!

Not sure if this has already been posted but the 2dvd special edition of festival express is out on Tuesday December 14th right in time for Christmas...50 min of bonus live footage plus tonnes of other extras... Grateful Dead Movie and Festival express fopr Christmas ... could it be? forget this hatred for commercialization im gettin giddy thinkin about it!

is it just me but I really didn't like this movie...I thought the footage was excellent and the music was great, but from a documentary perspective - it pretty much sucked. how come robbie robertson or anyone from The Band wasn't interviewed? Was there any negative feelings about the train? It also seemed to focus on a select group of people and didn't really pay much attention to others...just my thoughts.

is it just me but I really didn't like this movie...I thought the footage was excellent and the music was great, but from a documentary perspective - it pretty much sucked. how come robbie robertson or anyone from The Band wasn't interviewed? Was there any negative feelings about the train? It also seemed to focus on a select group of people and didn't really pay much attention to others...just my thoughts.

I think this film as a rock doc stands up well with Monterey and Woodstock. How many artists were interviewed in the Monterery and Woodstock docs? Sure, we had lots of John Phillips and Wavy Gravy ::, but no Hendrix, Townshend, Otis, Eric Burdon, Alvin Lee etc...

I think the Festival Express fimmakers filmed the moments of the days events without a political agenda - they wanted to document the concerts at each city. The riot and the train jams just happened to be a bonus. They were probably caught off-guard. The Bob Weir rant regarding gate-crashers is a revelation.

What do you do? Not release this film. It's a shame that we as Canadians haven't been aware of the historical events that engulfed Toronto during this concert festival series.

In a small way, this may be Canada's Woodstock, albeit a forgotten and neglected one.

I was reading the now mag yesterday and there is a great promotion going on.

Buy Festival Express at Sam the Record Man and you can get The last Waltz for 3.99!!

Check it out POG, I know you are in Toronto these days, thats where I am headed.

I think the sale starts this weekend or monday.

I agree. I didn't think it was very good from a story or musical perspective. It's an interesting documentary, fun to see the stoned hippies and Janis is always a treat but compared to the performances and diversity of groups that were at Woodstock and the history that was made there ... ultimately lame.

Of course, I will probably buy it anyways. Right now I'm digging the Who live at the Isle of Wight. Fruck does Townsend have extreme volume. It's just howling for Young Man Blues.

Steve

Any word on this deal? I'm all over it if its on...?

I was reading the now mag yesterday and there is a great promotion going on.

Buy Festival Express at Sam the Record Man and you can get The last Waltz for 3.99!!

Check it out POG, I know you are in Toronto these days, thats where I am headed.

I think the sale starts this weekend or monday.