Jambands.ca

This Is Humorous

SevenSeasJim

Guest Low Roller

This amounts to the same thing as someone portraying Jerry Garcia as a cocksmoker. I'm sure there would be plenty of angry Deadheads if that happened. So what's wrong with Christians defending their faith against defamation?

I'm sure there would be plenty of angry Deadheads if that happened. So what's wrong with Christians defending their faith against defamation?

portraying jesus as gay shouldn't be considered defamation. he healed the blind! who cares what he did in his spare time. I could care less if jerry was a little light in the loafers. If it helped him make the great music he made then i'm glad he smoked bones.

I hate libertarians.

If the Prophet Mohamed was depicted in a play as a queer, or if Buddha was portrayed as a violent dictator don't you think their believers would protest?

Heaven does forbid Jesus being gay, and probably with good reason. For one, it may occur in nature but strictly speaking, for humans it is an unnatural act that goes against our anatomy. Sex for pleasure...stick what you want where you want if it feels good. But in some books sex is for procreation, and two men cannot give birth to babies. I'm not indicting homosexuality lightly, I'm saying that if Christians believe it is wrong than they have a right to stand up against a portrayal of Jesus that they don't agree with.

Guest Low Roller
portraying jesus as gay shouldn't be considered defamation

Your lack of understanding of the Christian faith is alarming. The whole basis of the religion is that man marries woman. Period. There is no flexibility on that topic. So obviously the Christian group will be offended when their icon is portrayed as a fudgepacker.

The whole basis of the religion is that man marries woman. Period.

so by our government saying it's o.k for a man to marry a man were essentially defemating jesus? I'd say the whole basis of christianism is to treat others as you would have them treat you. love thy neighbour. whatever, christians do have the right to be outraged i guess but pissing off fundamentalist religious groups is funny to me. being an athiest will do that to you i guess but if someone made a play depicting darwin as a fag i wouldn't get too upset about it.

I don't understand your argument PFoot.

defemating?

christianism?

And who said anything about fundamentalist christian groups? There are plenty of moderate Christians who would take offence to this depiction and I don't really blame them.

For reasons of pro-creation, man and woman go together. Square peg, round hole...you know the drill.