Jambands.ca

Garth & Maud Hudson Ontario Tour

bONES

The " Magic Keyboard Tour " with Paul Rigby (guitar/bass) and Mike Sloski (drums).

12/19/04

Innisfil, Ontario, Canada

Peter's Place

3031 Woodlands Ave., Innisfil, Ontario.

705-721-9696.

2pm.

12/18/04

Cookstown, Ontario, Canada

Old Town Hall

1 Hamilton Street, Cookstown, Ontario.

705-458-4432.

8pm.

12/17/04

Barrie, Ontario, Canada

The MacLaren Art Centre

37 Mulcaster St, Barrie, Ontario.

705-721-9696.

8pm.

12/16/04

Orillia, Ontario, Canada

Orillia Opera House

20 Mississaga St. West, Orillia.

705-326-8011.

8pm

12/15/04

Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada

Inn At Bay Moorings

200 Fox Street, Penetanguishene, Ontario.

705-549-5237.

8pm.

Tickets also available at (for this venue) Johnston's Music

Land, 280 King St., Midland, Ont.

705-526-7821.

g_m_peters_players_dec-04_poster_med.jpg

from this website

Maud Hudson, joins her husband, Garth on vocals. She is a remarkable and versatile singer who is known for her unique renditions of both familiar and obscure songs. She grew up in Los Angeles. Among those she has performed and recorded with are The Band, Norah Jones, Albert Collins, Paul Butterfield, Clifford Scott, Hirth Martinez, Dr. John, Cyndi Lauper, Geoff Muldaur, Eric Andersen, Kevin Hearn, Don Crawford, Gavin Friday, and Mary Margaret O'Hara. Rick Danko described Maud as a brilliant singer and she has received praise from Greil Marcus and Robert Hilburn of the LA Times among other notable critics. Depression Magazine wrote, "Maud sang with such unadorned elegance that it hushed the packed hall."

i must have seen an off-night... Luke aka Zero/Kung put on a show with Garth and Co. in Halifax a couple of years back in a nice Church near Dalhousie University. There was no PA, the show started about 2 hours late and was overall a very strange night, Maud did this spoken word thing that she was reading from a laptop and started wailing on a couple of tunes, then continued to play off time percussion durring the whole, I was begging to wonder who the hell she was, what the hell was she doing there? She was bound to a wheel chair and looked very sickly. Garth was pretty weird too, but his musical genius was still there. Sounds like she does have an illustrious musical backgroud.

These very obscure venues make this little tour sound like a freaking blast. I guess seeing the venue "Peter's Place" has got me imagining a place that serves poutine and other greasy wonders.

Aside from the music, heading out to Penetanguishene for a good ol' drunk at the Inn would surely be a night to forget AND remember.

I'm extremely intrigued by this Magical Keyboard thing that they speak of. Is that like a Player Piano?