Jambands.ca

Sat. Feb. 5 in Ottawa ... D Dog, H Mouse, drums

mark tonin

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to put together a set list for the Diesel Dog part of the show, and need a bit of help. Here's what I've got:

d1t01 The Meat Rule

d1t02 New Minglewood Blues[1]

d1t03 Iron, Lion, Zion[2]

d1t04 Dirt Road

d1t05 ? [3]

d1t06 ?

d1t07 ?

d1t08 Ophelia[4]

d1t09 Viola Lee Blues[1]

d2t01 Chico

d2t02 I'm A Ram[5]

d2t03 Second Thoughts

d2t04 Will It Go Round In Circles[6]

d2t05 ?

d2t06 Animator

d2t07 Could You Be Loved[2]

d2t08 ?

d2t09 ?

[1] The Grateful Dead cover.

[2] Bob Marley cover.

[3] Galactic cover.

[4] The Band cover.

[5] Al Green cover.

[6] Billy Preston cover.

d1t01 is tagged as "The Meat Rule" because that's what the conga player indicated it was.

d1t06 was a song (with a couple of different-sounding sections) about a "wrangler".

d2t05 was sung by the female member of the band, and the main repeated line was "Up High" (IIRC).

Aside from those clues, I'm at a loss as to the other titles. Can anybody help?

Aloha,

Brad

Tim Mouse! Wow, you're all popping out of the woodwork now aren't you? It's great to see you here.

You reminded Bouche and I very much of a good friend of his, Wackamole. We instantly dug you. Thanks for coming back and jamming for a bit and thanks for leaving the suite in such good condition. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend.

I've been intending to post to this thread ever since returning from Ottawa on Sunday, but work and a nasty cold have gotten in the way ... plus every time I've tried to write something, I just couldn't find the words.

Thanks to everyone in Harvard Mouse, Diesel Dog, and Organic Groove, along with all of the friends and fans from Southern Ontario that made the journey to Ottawa. It was like a dream come true to be able to "take the show on the road." At the end of the show Ike asked me what I thought of the night and the trip to Ottawa, and I said something like "I expected that it was going to be a great time, and it exceeded my expectations." Great travelling weather, amazing hospitality, lots of friends and fans and people out for the show, a sweet sounding room, etc. all combined to make the weekend a fabulous one.

Thank you Ottawa!!! All weekend I couldn't help but think yet again about how fortunate I am to be a part of this amazing community. I can travel 6 hours away from my home and hook up with a whole bunch of people that I've met in person a fairly small number of times (if at all) but that I feel very connected to. What a treat, what a buzz, wow ... ok, this is where the words start to fail me ...

Thank you everyone that was a part of this magical adventure ... I look forward to the next time!!!

Peace, Mark