Jambands.ca

which live slip cd should i buy?

I think "Live is my Jumby" is a better live Disc than Aliveelectric... however I do agree with DEL on Aliveacoustic... weird thing is that's not the most characteristic Slip disc... it's got it's own rootsy charm, polar opposite to Live Electric which only has one song with words and is very sonic.

I've got "Live at Lupo's" which is quite good, I do find myself back at those liveelectic.liveacoustic discs though... so get 'em both! Looks like their's another Live disc being released check www.theslip.com for details...

hmmm.. of all their official live releases, the only one i have is aliveacoustic... but Live Is My Jumby jumps out at me, simply because Wolof is such a monster of a song.. i cant imagine it sucking on something they actually chose to release. that alone would make it worth it for me.

I want this for Christmas ! whea! :(

11.28.2003.jpg

The Slip returned to the intimate Narrows Center for the Arts loft for the Aliveacoustic CD Release party. This 3-disc show offers some live selections from Aliveacoustic as well as new songs, unreleased Slip classics and some debuts of Flaming Lips and Shakti covers.

Tracks

Disc 1

1. Predicting The Rain

2. Poor Boy

3. Chasing Rabbits

4. Get Down

5. 74

6. Torque

7. Lazilee

8. Let the Morning In

Disc 2

1. Soft Warm Simple Wonder

2. Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell (Flaming Lips)

3. Something's Got To Be Arranged

4. Back in 15 Minutes

5. Before You Were Born

6. Shango Dance

7. Yellow Medicine

8. Something True To Nothing

Disc 3

1. Alsoa

2. Happy Snails

3. Fear Of Falling

4. Love And Tears

5. Encore Break