Jambands.ca

Victoria BC - First Snow of the Year!!

PhishyK

we've got a good 10cm here. too windy to be fun though.

lots of cars abandoned on the side of the roads, and tow-trucks haulin out of ditches.

i just got back from the airport - my flight's been cancelled after sitting in the airport for 4 1/2 hours. boooooooo!! just booked onto the same flight tomorrow morning... it better fly, dammit. ::

i'd love to move out there...ideally. But my family is here right now and the older my folks get the more I would like to be closer to them. If push comes to shove I will be out west...but not on the island..more likely the interior. One thing I know is that I will not live in the Hamilton/Toronto area forever.

Vancouver got about 4 cm of snow over the last 2 days and it's been a miserable 0 degree outside... (BRRR!) I've seen dozens of cars end-up in the ditch and some unfathomable BAD driving (mostly by gold-coloured Toyotas). Being from Ontario, I can only shake my head at the unnecessary chaos. However, Vancouver is even more beautiful with a blanket of snow, and the local mountains are covered in sick powder.

If push comes to shove I will be out west...but not on the island..more likely the interior.

the island is where it's AT, man!!! in victoria you've got wicked (not to mention breathtaking) hikes within a 20 minute drive, ocean views around every corner, seals, amazing weather, great restaurants, not nearly the seedy underbelly that van's got... i am rambling... i just love victoria like crazy. someday, i will go back there for good. mark my words! ;)

Victoria is ok... ...if you like em' OLD. Victoria has the largest senior population per capita in the world. (I just heard that stat on the radio yesterday) And a pretty lame nightlife... Vancouver is a much more happenin' city - seedy under belly? well, yes (in one concentrated area), but it's getting much better (especially as we get closer to the 2010 Olympics). I heard a story the other day that the cops are picking-up homeless junkies and dropping them off in neighborhoods in North Vancouver in an effort to clean-up the hell-on-earth that is the downtown east side. Also, even though Vancouver has the ugliest, grossest neighborhood in Canada, the rest of the city is insanely beautiful and pristine. It is the best city in the world. (in my humble, biased opinion)

there are lots of old people... buuuut... there are lots of young people, too! we managed to scrape together quite a fun little nightlife ;)... i do like van, it's beautiful, and you don't have to take a ferry to leave (that is a big pain). but i just love little victoria. big cities freak me out a little bit, heheh... but you DO have the commodore... my favourite indoor venue i've been to so far...

Having only lived in the lower mainland (Abbotsford & Surrey), I have to say that both Vancouver and Victoria have their ups and downs... Vancouver's super fun and Victoria is super nice. I miss B.C. a lot, and I too vow to return one day. Some of the best times of my life...

Victoria's weather kicks the crap out of Nelson's, IMHO. But they are both very beautiful. I guess it depends how you feel about the ocean. All I know is, after 18 mo's in Ontario, I sure feel lucky to live here ;-)

Meggo knows where it's at! Victoria's nightlife can suck, but just go to parties instead of nightclubs yo! You'll be busy.

rock on

Kev