Jambands.ca

Science and the pursuit thereof....

Asparagus

Get a cheap 30x if it's for what I think it's for. Probably about $15-30 at a head shop or a radio shack type outfit. I've got two but they're my dad's ;) one's a 10x, work's fine, the other's a 50x, it's a little tough to hold still. Both are tiny hand held pen-style units. If you mean a small stable table style microscope then check a toy store for a cheapy that works... avoid plastic. :)

I'd actually like to look at little creatures, with sizes on the order of paramecium and protozoa, etc. I think that I'd need something with at least 75-100x magnification, as there lengths are approximately 70-150 microns.

Unfortunately, a laser wouldn't help with this, however, we really should be making holograms by now. I've located some more He-Ne lasers, so we could ramp up the intensity of the beam. If I remember correctly, your laser has a power output of less than 10 milliWatts. I've also found some more optics we could use. And I may have access to an Argon laser, so we could make them visible in white light. All we need now are the emulsion plates and an isolation table.

How come i don't remember talking to you about that site? That looks like fun. And of course I'd head to the chocolate factory, I've even altered my route home from southern Ontario to take highway 15, under the pretense of it being a nicer drive (which it is).