Jambands.ca

Printer Problems - Help!

briguy

I use a HP LaserJet 6p and I keep getting toner streaks down the left side of the paper. The toner build up seems kind of fibrous. The toner cartridge is fine and I've done what the manual says regarding cleaning. Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

It only happens when I print on the farthest edge of the left margin otherwise it's okay.

Or this....

Black horizontal lines, smears or streaks

If black horizontal streaks or smears appear on the page, follow these troubleshooting steps:

The print cartridge may be installed incorrectly. Remove and reinstall the print cartridge.

The photosensitive drum has probably been scratched. Install a new print cartridge (if using a mono printer), install a new imaging drum (if using a color printer).

The printer may be dirty. Refer to the printer's User Guide for cleaning instructions.

The printer's fusing assembly may need to be replaced.

Verify that the paper is loaded in the printer correctly. Some types of paper can only be printed on one side of the page.

Verify that the paper meets HP's LaserJet paper specifications. Refer to HP LaserJet Printers - Print Media Guide for paper specifications.

Black vertical lines, smears or streaks

If black vertical streaks or smears appear on the page, follow these troubleshooting steps:

The photosensitive drum has probably been scratched. Install a new print cartridge (if using a mono printer); install a new imaging drum (if using a color printer).

The printer may be dirty. Refer to the printer's User Guide for cleaning instructions

or this...

Toner smear

If toner smears appear on the leading edge of the paper, follow these troubleshooting steps:

The paper guides are dirty. Wipe off the paper guides with a lint-free cloth.

If toner on the paper is loose or can be wiped off easily, the fuser may be damaged. Replace the fuser assembly.