Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Additions

MarcO

Trey late night should be interesting...

I'll give you "better" but they're going to have to EARN the "significantly". I mean, I may be on my own here, but I think Trey has been a bust at every bonnaroo so far...

The Trey Anastasio Band first set at the first bonnaroo I thought was good and the second set I thought was not so good.

Trey's third year opening set was historical and was lucky to be close enough to enjoy it and I though the second set was amazing.

So I half agree with you the first year was so so at best and the third year for me was something to behold.

Also to add the best thing I think Dave Matthews has been doing since 2000 has been Dave Matthews and Friends which Trey was apart of so that bumps Trey's apperances up a bit more for me as well.

I stated significantly better not just for Trey but for Mike Gordon coming with the Benevento/Russo Duo as well. I saw their recent late night New Years Eve performance at B.B. Kings Bar & Grill and it surpased all my expectations of what the concert was going to be. I'll be getting a review of that show up on the JamReviews section soon.

I'll give you "better" but they're going to have to EARN the "significantly". I mean, I may be on my own here, but I think Trey has been a bust at every bonnaroo so far...

Trey's third year opening set was historical and was lucky to be close enough to enjoy it and I though the second set was amazing.

Maybe if we're lucky Trey will do an opera this year... ::

Maybe if we're lucky Trey will do an opera this year... ::

Hah,Hah! Yes that would be lucky?

I'm hoping for a Trey Band that consists of Tony Levin, Jerry Marotta, Ray Paczkowski and Jon Fishman.

from www.phish.com

TREY AND MIKE TO PERFORM AT BONNAROO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trey Anastasio and Mike Gordon will both perform at the fourth annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, scheduled for June 10-12, 2005 in Manchester, Tennessee. The three-day camping event will feature dozens of great bands and an array of art and entertainment options.

Trey Anastasio will make his third appearance at Bonnaroo with a very special late night performance backed by his new band. Trey appeared at the inaugural festival in 2002 and again in 2004 with his horn-driven ten-piece band. Last year's show featured an opening set of self-composed selections with the Nashville Chamber Orchestra.

After a successful (and very fun) sold-out four-show run last December, Mike Gordon will perform at Bonnaroo in a special collaboration with NYC improv favorites Benevento/Russo Duo. Mike played at Bonnaroo in 2003 with Leo Kottke.

Tickets for the 2005 Bonnaroo Music Festival will go on sale Saturday, January 29th at 10:00 AM Eastern Time through www.bonnaroo.com.

For more information on the festival and a full list of confirmed acts go to www.bonnaroo.com