Jambands.ca

U2 Sure are Ground Breakers

secondtube

And the rich get richer... fu©k U2... Does anyone honestly believe that this would have happened when U2 was a "political" band? Definately not... These guys have sold out, jumped the shark, whatever you want to call it... One more reason (like I needed one) to boycott this band at all costs...

A problem that U2 ran into for this presale was that there were way too many fans attempting to get a limited amount of presale tickets for each show.

Which brings me to my second point of why this issue of U2 fans being disappointed about what happened this week with the presale.

Ignorance. U2 fans were told upfront that joining the U2 fan club membership would give them the opportunity to get tickets through a presale, it never guaranteed them anything. Too many people joined the site without reading all the information given to them.

Well Tim,I can agree with you on the fact that no where did it say anyone would be guaranteed a ticket if they joined,only "guarantee of piroity" ,but they also conviently forgot to mention that tickets would be limited.

The ignorance here in my opinion is U2,since like you claimed Tim,they are more popular these days then ever before and they (U2) have the website hits and album sales etc to prove it,U2 found yet another way to rake money in from their fans by in my opinion taking advantage of them.Think about it,all those website hits and that didn't have a large part in why they offered a pre-sale via a website?

I find it ignorant that U2 would do this,its sorta like becoming the touring version of clear channel.

Well Tim,I can agree with you on the fact that no where did it say anyone would be guaranteed a ticket if they joined,only "guarantee of piroity" ,but they also conviently forgot to mention that tickets would be limited.

Hey Esau,

You couldn't be more wrong.

The bellow article was off of the main page of www.u2.com read the first line of the fourth paragraph "We have secured a limited number of these advance-sale tickets for U2.Com Subscribers."

U2 did not forgot to mention that these tickets were limited.

Anyone who thought otherwise didn't read what was infront of them.

Vertigo//2005 Tour - Latest!

With the Vertigo//2005 Tour dates now announced, we know that fans have lots of questions about how the presale for U2.Com Subscribers will work.

First of all please be assured that NO TICKETS ARE YET ON SALE!

Fans who have paid to become SUBSCRIBERS of U2.Com will have the opportunity to purchase tickets from tomorrow, Tuesday January 25th, a few days ahead of the general sale.

We have secured a limited number of these advance-sale tickets for U2.Com Subscribers. They will be able to buy 2 tickets for a seated venue (USA) or 4 tickets for an outdoor show (Europe).

Hey Esau,

A simple reply like the editted one above I did would have done just fine Tim,I obviously missed it and would have re-read the page.There is no reason at all to make a big detailed post in reply to me,as I was simply trying to discuss the topic not prove you worng,I did have other comments but I see your more interested in crushing any opposition to your feelings on the matter then discussion and so I shall let you.....

Regardless,U2 has taken advantage of their fans and in my books no matter what the CD sales,ticket sales etc they'll never have my respect.

Also,I think perhaps your getting a compulsive/obsesive behavior issue over this U2 stuff,might wanna mellow out abit.

Hey Esau,

A simple reply like the editted one above I did would have done just fine Tim,I obviously missed it and would have re-read the page.There is no reason at all to make a big detailed post in reply to me,as I was simply trying to discuss the topic not prove you worng,I did have other comments but I see your more interested in crushing any opposition to your feelings on the matter then discussion and so I shall let you.....

Regardless,U2 has taken advantage of their fans and in my books no matter what the CD sales,ticket sales etc they'll never have my respect.

Also,I think perhaps your getting a compulsive/obsesive behavior issue over this U2 stuff,might wanna mellow out abit.

I apologize if you felt I was too harsh Esau.

This past week I have had the week off of work. Being a one of those that payed a $40US membership at www.u2.com I have been passing the week by reading peoples complaints on their messageboard Zootopia.

If I was short with you, it's because I have been reading the same misconceptions all week long of avaliability and access to presale when all these people should have just read the information given to them.

Everyone who knows me knows that I have OCD about everything pertaining to music so what can I do?

I'll say this I made my bed so if I don't get presale tickets when they do become avaliable for Toronto I let people know, but I won't be crying about it like a lot of peoples posts I've been reading all week.

Based on demand now new members won't be able to get the presale code to get tickets early and U2 lets people know right away.

from www.u2.com

U2.COM MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Due to unprecedented demand, we are unable to issue Ticket Presale Codes to new U2.Com Subscribers to purchase tickets for the Vertigo 2005 Tour.

Subscribing to U2.Com - What's the deal

A U2.Com Subscription offers unrivalled online access to what U2 are up to - and to their amazing history!.

When you join up, you gain access to our unique Subscribers-only site which is packed with exclusive band content - from rare video, audio and downloads covering 20 years to exclusive band interviews and access to a huge searchable news archive.

For example, you can watch every video the band have ever made - and listen to every U2 track on every album - and every b-side on every single!

Along with your own email address - '@U2.Com' - you also get regular mailings so that you are the first to know about new releases, special appearances, publications or tour dates.

Please Note: Due to unprecedented demand, we are unable to offer new U2.Com Subscribers any presale opportunity to purchase tickets for the Vertigo 2005 Tour.