Jambands.ca

The Flaming Lips

Booche

I know I am being redundant here, but seriously, if you have 5.1 at home go out and buy the 5.1 cd/dvd of their album Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots.

This thing is a masterpiece. I am high from watching it, and I havent had a toot or nothing. How the hell do you make an album of this quality?

I miss Luke.

(note from Douglas --> I would bypass any future ticket purchases to see The Flaming Lips. I'm already committed to Velvet Revolver, Soundtrack Of Our Lives, and Evolve....and lord knows the other shows I would be going to. But I would fold those hands for one FL show. Even though some have had poor experiences with live FL productions, I'd still do it.)

In the morning I awake

And I couldn't remember

What is love and what is hate

The calculations error

Oh, what is love and what is hate?

And why does it matter?

Is to love just a waste?

And how can it matter?

Oh.....

As the dawn began to break

I had to surrender

The universe will have it's way

Too powerful to master

Oh.....

What is love and what is hate?

And why does it matter?

Oh.....

What is love and what is hate?

And how can it matter?

Oh.....

It's Dave Fridmann....man i've been following everything that producer touches since the early Mercury Rev days.

Wish I had some blanks booche, I have the whole mercury rev/flaming lips catalog here! Yoshimi is golden, check out the Soft Bulletin album as well.

Seeing them and TMBG at moe.down was a friggin concert highlight of my life!

1 more sleep bitch!

yep, that was a very enlightening experience for me. I was very impressed by the music and production. This is where the DVD mix of that disc is on par with their live production.

It's great to have them in your living room with their 5 1 mix and the crazy colours from the HDTV vid filling the room. It makes me imagine getting a projector and spraying their graphix on a huge wall but also passing the projection through some smoke!

Who wants a party like that?

yep, that was a very enlightening experience for me. I was very impressed by the music and production. This is where the DVD mix of that disc is on par with their live production.

It's great to have them in your living room with their 5 1 mix and the crazy colours from the HDTV vid filling the room. It makes me imagine getting a projector and spraying their graphix on a huge wall but also passing the projection through some smoke!

Who wants a party like that?

That would be a great party!

I have seen the Flaming Lips live four times now (1. w/ Beck @ Massey Hall '02. 2. @ bonnaroo '03. 3. @ Sarstock '03. 4. New Years Eve w/ Wilco @ MSG '04) and they put on such a fun show that I would only pass them by for my alltime favorite acts (Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and a few more).

I enjoyed the Flaming Lips on New Years Eve as much as either Phish New Years show I witnessed (1. Big Cypress '99. 2. Miami '03.)and the Lips weren't even the headlining act at the show (Wilco was).

I'm so looking forward to their next studio album (coming out this spring) and the release of their film "Christmas on Mars" (it's only a year and a half late).

I feel that "The Soft Bulletin" and "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" are two of the best albums to be released in the last quarter of a century.