Jambands.ca

R2D2 Gets A DUI

Jaimoe

From Jim Rome's radio show:

2-28-05

Apparently the force wasn’t with R2D2 this weekend. Kenny Baker, the 3’ 8’’ actor who played R2D2 in the Star Wars films was arrested this weekend for DUI. No word on whether C3-PO was riding shotgun.

Look dude, just because they stuffed you in that tin can for hours without any lines and forced you to beep and squeak, doesn’t mean you get a free pass to drive your land speeder all sauced up. Give the keys to Chewbacca, Luke or Leia.

You can’t just toss back a few pops and think you can go home. He says that he had 2 glasses of wine. Well, for someone who is less than 4 feet tall that's the equivalent of about a keg of beer. I know you're 70 years old and your most famous role came with a garbage can glued over your head but that doesn’t mean you can drive drunk. You don’t see Han Solo getting behind the wheel of the Millennium Falcon after a few pops. You and the other droids need to lay off the sauce before someone gets hurt. I guess the arresting cop didn’t fall for the, ‘these aren’t the droids you’re looking for’ trick.

Look dude, get back in your can, practice your beeps and whistles and try to squeeze one more check out of the next movie before they recycle you and turn you into a sprite can. Sober up R2.

i heard romey do that R2-DUI bit on the air..i laughed so hard, i shot milk outta my nose and onto my computer.

another candidate for the drunk bus!

war the raptors making the playoffs, war the london knights winning the memorial cup...I'm out!