Jambands.ca

I'm goin to Philly!!!

Alexis

So it's confirmed, I just got finished booking the flights and hotel rooms, I'm goin to Philly for a business trip. I leave 3/16 and come back 3/20. Anyone know of anything cool to do in town or any resources for me to use to find this out for myself?

Alexis, Check out South St!! Its got tons of cool stores (unbelievably cheap) and the best philly cheesesteaks.. (jim's- the line was huge when i was there, but a lot of people swear by them)

The neighbourhood is covered in really cool art, and strange displays of junk made to art..

philly071a.thumb.jpg

Also Theater of LIving Arts is on that street and Cadillac grille- two good venues. have fun!

I've been to Philly a few times. If you are not a vegetarian, Pat's Steaks is a world famous cheesesteak stand in the market area. It is without a doubt one of the greatest culinary experiences I have ever had, second maybe to Gino's pizza circa 1998 Phish Chicago run.

Also check out the Philadelphia museum of art, lots of impressionist paintings, and of course the Rocky steps.

Philadelphia is a really interesting city, lots of life, culture, all packed into downtown, but not nec. the kindest people.

have fun!

greasy

Alexis, Check out South St!! Its got tons of cool stores (unbelievably cheap) and the best philly cheesesteaks.. (jim's- the line was huge when i was there, but a lot of people swear by them)

The neighbourhood is covered in really cool art, and strange displays of junk made to art..

philly071a.thumb.jpg

check out south st for sure.....

but.... SKIP jim's and go to ISHKABIBIBLE'S

its right across the street from THE THEATRE OF LIVING ARTS on south st....(right across the street from Jim's too)

the locals kept telling us "the tourists go to Jim's, Pat's and Geno's.....but if you want a good steak sandwich, go to Ishkabibbles"

in my 2 day stay in Philly on NYE O3....i tried them all, and Pats and Ishkabibbles were the best. two different styles.

Ishkabibbles-Bldg.jpg

ummm yeah i manage a storage facility. w0000000 exciting, i know.

I'll be down for the Self Storage Association Spring Tradeshow and Conference. I can barely contain myself. No, really...I can't. Ok, maybe I can contain myself. Hopefully I get my nights to myself and am not forced to spend 96 continuous hours (minus sleep of course) with 2 other managers and my 64 year old alcoholic texan boss. He has the best pick up lines...."hey waitress...you're looking nice, let's us get married...there's a green card in it for ya!" I can't wait for the day he realizes that people spit in his food when he tells them that his utensils are not properly alligned on the table.

thanks for the info guys, I think I'll be sweating philly cheesesteak by the time I get home. I'll be sure to find time to check out south street as well. I'm staying at the Marriott so hopefully that's close to downtown....I should check on that. Other cool thing, I'll be spending 2 hours in the Boston airport on my way back. yey layovers....they're.....spectacular.