Jambands.ca

Cockburn was inducted into the HallofFame 3/4/2001

TimmyB

It's nice to see billboard recognize the great Bruce Cockburn. I was at that Juno Awards show at Copps Coliseum just to see Cockburn get inducted.

from www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC for March 4, 2005.

2001 - Bruce Cockburn is inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame during the 30th Anniversary Juno Awards ceremonies at the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario. Cockburn joins such notable Canadian musicians as Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, and Anne Murray.

Bruce is God (or likes God a lot, anyway, and the music seems to bear it out). Anybody else have their head knocked off with his "Joy Will Find a Way" at the tsunami benefit?

I loved that song: The melody, lyrics and especially the smoking guitar.

Bruce is God (or likes God a lot, anyway, and the music seems to bear it out). Anybody else have their head knocked off with his "Joy Will Find a Way" at the tsunami benefit?

I was impressed,not blown away.I dig Bruce,have many great live shows and have seen him a bunch ot times,mostly in the early 80's & late 70's when my ma used to bring me to Mariposa & shows.I had the video downloaded of the Bruce at the "Canada for Asia" benefit,but accidentlay deleted it.I was however blown away by Lanois's performace of "Thank you for the day" at the same benefit.