Jambands.ca

blah,blah,blah

ggrtrhhrtgg

so after another night of work, I feel as though I want to expand on my drunken ramble last evening---(I know--huh??) Well, I actually wrote quite a little doozy last night, but, in the end, I found that I couldn't quite develop exactly what I was feeling, so in the end, I left with two open-ended questions that don't make sense... You see, for me, I find myself getting caught up in emotion from time to time, and (under the influences--I find myself amplifying my thoughts, or I just feel free of shame--whatever) Unfortunately, I have a love/hate relationship with writing... Not that I am proposing that I have talent in regards to, or that I have some grand illusions about anything I express... However, I really enjoy it, and I find comfort sharing it from time to time with the folks on this board or at times on other platforms... I don't know if anyone else here feels the same way, but, as much as I love to write, I get bloody frustrated because I have something that I want to say, and I have great difficulty trying to find the right words to express them with... Last night was a prime example, I find that I feel the emotion, and I want to share it, but, I fumble as it comes out... I don't have the ability to put it into the words I am looking for...

Anyhow, I guess in short, someday, I hope that some great inspiration comes my way, and it pushes me in the right direction where I find the exact words I am looking for to express those true feelings--because whatever I end up saying will be all about the love.

And if there is anything I really want to share with you all--well, that would be it.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

I find having any sort of contractual deadline for a bit of writing always helps - be it for something solicited or something I mean to get to a friend by a certain time. I think, though, that's because I obsess over writing and rewriting (what's that Mark Twain quip - "Writing is easy - just get rid of all the wrong words"), and I know at some point I'll have to distil something important and concise. But yeah, having said that, I find working with the inspiration and articulating what comes flooding forward pretty overwhelming pretty much of the time. I find carrying around a little book to write in helps; I have to presume that I'll never have the same constellation of thoughts around the same thing twice, so I'll best draw it out in useful perspective while I can for future reference.

I'm inclined to think I'm better conversing in music, though, than with words, where I just get bogged down. There's nothing like a good jam to get some persistent feeling off your chest.

Yes, I hear what you are saying--I know for myself, I should put more emphasis on writing. I find I get in a groove, and I for a few days straight, then I get out of the groove for a while... As far as playing an instrument--well, I plead ignorance there, I don't play... I still want to pick up a banjo one of these days-- just need to save more $$$.. Good luck with the writing D.E.M.