Jambands.ca

Heady March Madness tournament pool...

ggrtrhhrtgg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I feel old... and I guess I am. I just did some research into Syracuse's past teams. I've actually been a fan of the team since 1978. I remember watching players of that era like Danny Schayes, Erich Santifer, Marty Headd, Tony Bruin and Leo Rautins.

You're a fan of Leo Rautins?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bwahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!

You clearly don't know college ball of that era.

Leo was a great college player and a Canadian NCAA trail-blazer - one of the best Canadian players ever. He was the Big East MVP in 1981 and an Honorable Mention All-American in 1982-83. He was also selected on Syracuse's All Century Team. The Big East is and was no Mickey Mouse conference either. I like Niagra's Juan Mendez, but the MAAC is no powerhouse conference to say the least.

Clearly. Guess I've been put in my place. Next your gonna tell me that skeleton that he works with is actually a color commentator.

Next time I'll try and do my research and make sure I get your approval before developing a dislike for someone's style and attitude.

Loosen up.

I'm not a big fan of Leo's TV over-analytical colour commetating either. However, I am a big fan of his college b-ball career. I have to separate the two.

I do think he'll do a good job with the Canadian National Team, as long as he can " convince " Magloire and Nash to play for the team.

Fair enough.

But I wouldn't wanna play for him...

Then again I suck so he probably wouldn't want me there either. Plus I smoke dope.

;)

He was good baller, so was Laettner... what in the hell happens to us when we get old?

Nash will play. Magliore, not so much. No money no show for that guy.

Fair enough.

But I wouldn't wanna play for him...

Then again I suck so he probably wouldn't want me there either. Plus I smoke dope.

;)

He was good baller, so was Laettner... what in the hell happens to us when we get old?

Nash will play. Magliore, not so much. No money no show for that guy.

I really hate Christian and players of his Duke ilk, like Cherokee Parks. However, Laetner was a really good college player, like Danny Ferry and Pearl Washington.

I agree with your Magloire assessment. He'll only play for Canada if there's something in it for him financially. fu©k him.

I'm in gents.

Geez, you think you're old...I still remember Dave Bing!

I'd love for the 'cuse to take it all, but I'm voting with my head,not my heart....if only Carmello didn't smell the money.

I'm all for the Big East, but Oklahoma State looks soo good.

Doesn't Nate's brother play for Carleton? Helluva basketball family.

Go Orange!!