Jambands.ca

Earth Day at Pepper Jack's!!!!!!!!!!!

dieseldoug

Each year The Pepper Jack Cafe holds a festive celebration in honor of Earth Day. This year we have 2 fantastic acts who will keep the dance floor movin all night long. Prizes available! Proceeds go to the Earth Day Hamilton Foundation.

Diesel Dog have become one of the primary bands in the Canadian jam scene today. Their humble yet soaring performances and funky 'good times' grooves win over any audience who have the good fortune to hear them play. Perfect band for rounding out a celebration.

Kaya means "enlightenment" and was likewise the title of one of Bob Marley's albums. Its also the name of an 8 - 10 piece band that pays tribute to the profound and beautiful music of the legendary Bob Marley. Lead singer Andrew "Zion" Carty (a Trenchtown, Jamaican native) captures the Bob Marley spirit and not only sounds eerily similar to Marley but spent his youth being mentored by Marley himself.

10:00 pm - Only $6 - Prizes To Be Won!

Come Celebrate Your Planet!

http://www.earthdayhamilton.ca/

http://www.pepperjackcafe.com/

Edited by Guest

About Earth Day Hamilton

Earth Day Hamilton has hosted 9 annual educational eco-festivals, involving over 30,000 area students, hundreds of exhibitors, dozens of environmental entertainers and special curriculum related workshops that conclude with action-based goals.

Together, the community of Hamilton-Wentworth has built Canada's largest and most successful youth environmental awareness campaign. In co-operation with Action 2020 we enabled 8 high school students to travel to the rain forests of Costa Rica to excavate and pour the foundation of a nearby community centre. In co-operation with the City of Hamilton, Sunoco, Royal Botanical Gardens, and the Bay Area Restoration, we host the largest and most successful community tree planting event in the province as more than 1200 trees are planted in Hamilton every year.

Earth Day Hamilton seeks sources for environmental education expertise. We invite these groups to share their expertise with students, teachers, parents and the general public by attending our annual eco-festival as workshop facilitators, exhibitors, speakers and/or entertainers. Schools are also encouraged to submit curriculum based displays or activities. Free admission and free transportation makes this the most inclusive event on the community calendar.

As a result of our work, both participants and non-participants stand to benefit from a healthier environment. A healthier environment means healthier people and ultimately reduces demands on our overburdened health care system. Workshop facilitators and exhibitors benefit as they achieve their awareness goals by sharing information. The education system also benefits as we link information presented to the curriculum.

All participants’ benefit through heightened awareness, knowledge of current issues (problems and solutions) and an introduction to local positive environmental action based organizations.

I'll be sporting my Diesel Dog Patch

What strength patch do you wear? I find the "Level 2" ones I've been wearing just don't deliver enough DD into my system to stem the cravings I get. (It does tend to give me intense, weird DD-influenced dreams, though...)

Aloha,

Brad