Jambands.ca

LAL: Friday May 6th: Gypsy Co-Op: $8

SmoothedShredder

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know Toronto Break-Back-Beat funkster's LAL are playing Friday May 6th at the Gypsy Co-Op at 817 Queen St West. Their sound reminds me of a sublime Portishead, with their own twist of course. A more solid back beat anchors spacey double bass, samples, keys, and a variety of other 'fun' instruments. Don't come expecting to Jazzercize, but feel free to get carried away by the very danceable rhythms. Should be a very good time... atleast that's what I working towards ;). $8 bux is the damage... hope to see you there!

~W

russell.gif

Thanks smoothedshredder...looks pretty hip to me. ;) And yet another May baby!

Russell Trivia:

Was fined 110 pounds in 1916 and dismissed from Trinity College as a result of anti-war protests.

Also, in 1918, he was imprisoned for five months as a result of anti-war protests.

Gotta love them peaceniks!

It's hard to believe someone so anit-war could be considered the one of the founding fathers of logical atomisim...one of the most fundamentally pragmatic (boring), non-political philosopic methods out there... kinda like an accountant who raves hard on the weekends I figure. Anyone Einstein looked up to must be an alright dude though.

Anywho, great time tonight... worked out the opening night jitters... big up to Derek who finished that stage just in time :s and everyone who made it out.

Lesson #1 Learned... Fahsion shows do not start on time... take start time and add 1.5 hours.

Lesson #2 LAL: You rocked...we'll do it again sometime(s)!!!

Thanks to all the jambandsters who came out and supported though we'll have a much easier job keeping you around to 2:00 (and beyond) next week...see ya'll later tonite!

Here comes Mr. Something Something... oh yeah!

Bon Nuit

~W

Yes,

Well it went indeed. Well you know my stance... and if you don't then here it is: I'd much prefer if people got there early, and the bands could go on at a reasonable time, and then you can take that nice companion you met at the venue out for a late night dessert after the show, which would be tough if you've been drinking until three! But the Gypsy is a special place... with food, and coffee and candy, and great music, so perhaps last call is a little adventurous... We're content rolling a little different way. Be the change you wish to see my man... though I'm sure you'll have no problem rockin them until 2:30 or beyond ;)

Edited by Guest