Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Canned Beats!!!!

onthejourney

HAHAHA!

Well, as usual, my birthday was a chill one. I took it easy and spent the first birthday with my folks in a VERY long time. since they're old I'm saving my rock outs for the future.

hopefully you'll get to experience my 'orchestral' smile before I move out west.

thanks for the well wishes. I have been having some of the best moments in ages lately.

"I took it easy and spent the first birthday with my folks in a VERY long time."

That is really cool Beats. Cheers to you and happy birthday buddy. I may give you shit on the board from time to time and enjoy doing it, as well as enjoying it when others do the same, but you are very giving person without asking questions. I wish more people were like that.

It's my favorite quality about you.

By the way, we dont only share a bday with Willy from this board, we share one with Heady Gouda as well. Outside of the board, Davey Boy's mom was born on 05-20 as well.

"I may give you sh!t on the board from time to time and enjoy doing it, as well as enjoying it when others do the same"

for crying out loud, i sorta enjoy it too. I say some ridiculous crap from time to time. I appreciate the hard work and thought that goes into this community, but rather than any outbursts seem like a slap in the face, i hope they're understood as a poke in the chest.

as long as nobody thinks I'm so staunch about my opinions and points of view so that I actually take offense to anything, or that i'm ignorant when I don't rebute with affirmations about other points...or all the other netiquette that i fail to heed!

Booche: thanks for the kind words about a quality that until recently I thought that nobody quite saw. As much as i put elements of myself out on display semi-publically, there's a lot to get to know about me. I hate to tell the same story over and over or explain every nuance of myself to everybody i meet...that would be ridiculous - so I think there are all sorts of people that may have strange fragmented views of me...not that i plan that (sometimes i think i should try to plot a bit more - it'd be fun in a way). I don't really try to 'keep up appearances' as much as i likely could and as much as other people (not necessarily on this board) sometimes seem to...i don't try to make more of myself than i can stomach, I don't try to make everybody understand every little nuance of me at every turn...I don't demand much of anything.

I'm still elated about people getting some new music to me when I mentionned that I was in dire need of new sounds a couple of months back...thanks StoneMtn, BradM and theGoodRev, as well as every other person that's ever dished me out any discs...which has really been few and far between...keri, graham, puddles...show whore, giggles...i still have at least the nero/momma and cypress to account for, but really...the little i've asked for has meant so much to me and that's as good as any birthday i could ever have.

anyhow, I just like to help when i can because I know there's a lot of time that I can't help as much as I'd like to. I always think how much I'd appreciate help if I were in need. Money comes and goes. If I can help people with a ride or a hand lugging things, or a shoulder to lean on or sharing what I've brought then I will. anyhow, it's late and I'm glad to have something about me that gets noticed. I would hope that anybody who's evr helped me might understand just how much it still means to me. thanks be to you from me.