Jambands.ca

The Bad Plus destroyed my brain

dJEd

JAZZ!

anyone else like these dudes? the pianist and drummer are mindblowing, the bassist is good too. the drummer plays really hard for a jazzcat. they do some really good covers too.

check them out right this second.

I really enjoyed the album "Give" but I saw them open for Bill Frisell & the Unspeakable Orchestra in Chicago early this month and they were less then good to say the least. The sound was mixed quite poorly (it was phenominal for Billy) for them...their great players but they were WAY too jumbled in their playing...and I'm a student of the most out there jazz there is; a la Rakalam and Munoz...I was so stoked to see them and came out very disappointed! I'll give them one more try no doubt, but I'll be going in a little less excited...

Gawpo Giggles }:|}:|}:|

At the Ottawa Jazz they were great... atleast super entertaining to watch live. Altough its fun to open up and hear a big full Cascading piano once and a while, it can get tough on the ears after an hour on the CD player. Their charisma live more than makes up for that. And their covers are super cool when they come up on the ol' i-pod. :)