Jambands.ca

Attention AMMF goers!!!!

backbacon

STAY AWAY from the main stage Friday from 4:30-6:00 pm and the side stage from 3:00-4:45am...

... unless, of course, you WANT your mind totally fucking blown!!

"Organ & Drums" (aka Benevento/Russo Duo) will be taking the stage and throwing down the thickest, sickest sounds I have heard since I saw Karl Denson at the State Theater in Detroit a couple years ago.

I saw these guys at hookahville on the weekend. Didn't know what to expect... two guys, facing each other in the middle of the huge stage, Marco Benevento at the organ and Joe Russo at the drums... feeding off each other, warping minds and quite evidently, having a fucking blast in the process!!

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT MISS THESE TWO!!!

Wait a second here! Did anyone else read the rules for this festival? I quote:

"Alcohol will be limited to one case of beer per person. No exceptions."

Could that possibly be serious? One case of beer per person? That's ridiculous. I'll drink a case a day. [big Grin]

WOW!!!

Benevento & Russo blew my mind at the AMMF!!!

One of the best acts I have ever seen in my life!!!

These guys are brilliant players - kind of like MMW with a funkier sound.

The 2 guys create more musical energy than many 4 or 5 piece bands I've seen.

I couldn't stop dancing.

Will write more once I put my mind back together! [big Grin]

Peace, Mark

Backbacon as hard as we could try we couldn't stay away Friday late night,we were joyously sucked in to that crazy drummer and keyboard player.I talked to Marco on Sunday afternoon and i told him about your recommendation.He said he remembered talking to some excited Canadians :was that you guys? [Cool] Something might transpire if we can get some people to book them at more than one venue.thank's for the great advice they were .phat

Yeah tigger, that was us who he talked with. I'm not sure but I don't think there were any other Canadians at hookahville besides us... everyone else there seemed to be pretty American. [smile]

So yeah, we should get something going as far as a small tour for those guys... kicking it off with a G Town appearance would make the most sense I'd say... I wouldn't know where to start with all of this though.

I emailed Marco at the start of last week but he's not replied.. reckon he's busy or so.

Backbacon, those guys blew us away through and through.

I fuggin heard them do Paranoid Android for god sakes! Ms. Hux heard a Tears for Fears jam with Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

They did like three seperate shows.

We chatted with them and told them they have to play CT fest. They seemed interested in it.

I also gave Marco Benevento a nero show that I had in my camera bag and suggested a hook-up between them.

Can you imagine a night of the Benevento/Russo Duo and Nero?

OUCH!

Archived