04 Vegetable

05 Creep

06 Lurgee

07 Banana Co

08 The Bends

09 Anyone Can Play Guitar

10 Pop Is Dead

DOWNLOAD

After listening to Phish, Furthur and Mule's NYE gigs, I gotta say that I think I would rank this just ahead of Furthur. This is such a fun show with great variety. The backup singers are fantastic along with the HORNS!

http://bit.ly/wBEk85

tumblr_lxc6eiULRG1qjoyjs.jpg

Gov’t Mule - 12-31-2011 Beacon Theatre, NYC, NY

mp3@v0

Track List

Set 1

Railroad Boy >

Mule

Thorazine Shuffle

Brighter Days >

Like Flies

Lay Your Burden Down

About To Rage

Slackjaw Jezebel

King’s Highway >

St. Stephen Jam >

Eternity’s Breath >

Trane with Norwegian Wood Tease

Set 2 Mad Mules & Englishmen with The Ass-ets (Machan Taylor, Mini Carlsson & Alicia Shakur) & Chronic Horns (Buford O’Sullivan, Pam Fleming & Jenny Hill)

Intro >

Honky Tonk Women

Sticks & Stones*

Cry Me A River*

Bird On A Wire*

New Years Countdown

Feelin’ Alright

Intro >

Superstar*

Let’s Go Get Stoned

Blue Medley: I’ll Drown in My Own Tears/When Something Is Wrong with My Baby/I’ve Been Loving You Too Long*

Girl From The North Country*

Give Peace A Chance*

She Came In Through The Bathroom Window*

Space Captain*

The Letter

Delta Lady

Set 3

Sco-Mule with Oz Noy

I Believe To My Soul with Nigel Hall

Soulshine with Nigel Hall, Alicia Shakur & Ron Johnson, without Jorgen Carlsson

Encore

I Shall Be Released with The Ass-ets, Nigel Hall, Ron Johnson & Oz Noy

* First Time Played

http://bit.ly/wBEk85

http://bit.ly/yuerz9

tumblr_lxyo343PfG1qjoyjs.jpg

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Physical Graffiti is Led Zeppelin’s only studio album that was released as a double album. Around half of the material is outtakes from previous albums, but are generally good songs and their release is welcome. It is more in the style of its predecessor, Houses of the Holy, than any of their other albums.

Physical Graffiti has three songs that are longer than eight minutes. The most famous of the three is the eastern influenced “Kashmir,†which is my least favorite; likely due to my preference of blues over eastern music. Contrarily, I do find their interpretation of Blind Willie Johnson’s 1927 “Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed,†that Led Zeppelin call “In My Time Of Dying†to be an excellent eleven minute blues excursion with some thrilling slide guitar. Towards the end of one of Page’s main solos, he and Bonham lock in brilliant fashion to bring the band back to the versus. No question an original remake of this blues tune, but more importantly effective.

Their are four shorter tracks that make up the rest of the first disc that include “The Roverâ€; a slow power chord rocker. Perhaps the song is too slow, but by the end the mood they create gets under your skin. It is a also a good lead in to “In My Time of Dying.†The song “Trampled Under Foot†is heavy on wah-wah and guitar effects for Page’s part, while Jones continues with the keyboards. They get into a good groove during the song and during the solo they build the mood together nicely.

The second disc’s opener, “In The Light†is a lengthy, strong track that has many moments of interest, perhaps some of the connecting parts are too keyboard oriented; Page’s ending solo uses a good layering approach. The folk themed “Bron-Yr-Aur†from the Led Zeppelin III sessions is acoustic guitar based. It along with 1971’s Hawaiian themed “Down By The Seaside†provide us with some interesting music.

“Ten Year’s Gone†builds nicely with some great work by Page, where on “Night Flight†he uses a crunchy chordal approach. â€Boogie With Stu†is filler, bet nevertheless is a neat little jam, where Stu is Ian Stewart that most known for his work with The Rolling Stones. â€Black Country Woman†is a bluesy style tune with some mandolin and harmonica. They close in electric fashion with a hard rock track “Sick Again†that they would perform during their tours.

Physical Graffiti gets great praise. I like it a great deal and for Zeppelin fans it is a must. For a casual fan this is not where to start with Led Zeppelin.

Barry Small ©

mp3@320

Track List

Disc: 1

1. Custard Pie - 4:13 - 1974

2. The Rover - 5:36 - 1972

3. In My Time Of Dying 11:04 - 1974

4. Houses Of The Holy - 4:01 - 1972

5. Trampled Underfoot - 5:35 - 1974

6. Kashmir - 8:31 - 1974

Disc 2

1. In The Light - 8:44 - 1974