Jambands.ca

Justice Has No Age

can-o-phish

Probably one of the most deserving sentences handed down in ages...a small step forward in humanity & equality...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/06/23/killen050623.html

If you haven't seen "Mississippi Burning" yet, I highly recommend it. It will make your blood boil. Hackman's "Barbershop" scene is one of the best performances of all time...I can still hear the boot clicking against the counter...

I don't understand why this happens sixty years later though. It seems a little backwards compared to where the 80 year old would have served his sentance and finally become a free man. Here, he lives most of his life as a free man only to finish it off in jail with an oxygen tank.

I don't understand why this happens sixty years later though. It seems a little backwards compared to where the 80 year old would have served his sentance and finally become a free man. Here, he lives most of his life as a free man only to finish it off in jail with an oxygen tank.

and the prison will probably be nicer than the old folks' home. bastard. someone oughta slip him automotive nitrous instead of oxygen...let him live out his days barfing and dizzy :)

Yes, that's hard to ignore, the fact that it was so long in coming, but seeing the courts convict someone regardless of their age and have him serve the remainder of his "golden years" behind bars is better than avoiding or ignoring just punishment.

And he will be recognized as an outright murderer....scum

Mississippi is still startingly racist today, yet the people that I met when I was there, were all overtly friendly.

I highly recommend that anyone that holds even a passing interest in the delta blues, 19th century American history and civil rights, visit Mississippi.

Also, the FBI were portrayed as saviours in the Mississippi Burning film, when in fact that wasn't the case. Local authorities had a lot to do with the investigation.

bastard. someone oughta slip him automotive nitrous instead of oxygen...let him live out his days barfing and dizzy :)

:)

Lots of things come to mind that this guy could be slipped, but since he's evidently crazy already (I see he's described as a part-time preacher to boot - there's another thread for ya), maybe the auto nitrous is the best way to go.