Jambands.ca

'80s Trivia Questions - Help Please

StoneMtn

Scum of the Earth! (The kings of "Hoodlum Rock".)

Actually' date=' I was thinking it was The Who, but I had forgotten about Scum of the Earth, so I'm not sure.

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that the episode was about the Who concert in Cincinnatti when people were crushed during a riot due to general admission seating. The fictional band, though, used in the episoded in place of The Who was Scum of the Earth (I think).

... not to be confused, of course, with the real-life punk band from Montreal called S.C.U.M. (Society Controlled Under Murderers).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the episode about the riot at The Who concert did actually use The Who as the name of the act. It wasn't mentioned until about 2/3 of the way through the episode, when, just before the commercial break, Dr. Fever walks out of the station with Carlson saying, "Great. Now it looks like I'm going to see The Who in the company of a narc..."

There was a separate episode with/about Scum of the Earth, which was all humourous, and had nothing to do with the Cincinnati riots.

Aloha,

Brad

Totally! That was hilarious.

(At least the WKRP boys won the fight, though. It would have been really funny to actually see the fight. I just can't picture Fever throwing too many punches, and as I recall he was pretty reluctant to stand up when the fight was getting going in the first place.)

I miss that show ... and "Taxi".

NHL Hockey in the 80's

How many goals did Wayne Gretzky score in the 1981-1982 season? hint: it is still the single season record.

How many consecutive seasons in the 80's did Mike Bossy score 50 or more goals?

(Is that right?)

Who won the Conn Smythe award in 1984 after the Edmonton Oilers won their first Stanley Cup?

Mark Messier

Behind Wayne Getzky, who had the most points in the 80's?

Peter Statsny

MUSIC

Q. What year was Milli Vanilli's Grammy winning album released?

A. 1989

TV

Q. Who were the Golden Girls Neighbours?

A. Dr. Harry Weston, Barbara Weston, Carol Weston, Dreyfuss, and sometimes Charley Dietz(AKA. The cast of Empty Nest)

SPORTS

Q. What team won 4 consecutive Stanley Cups in the 80's(inclusive)?

A. The New York Islanders

POP CULTURE

Q. What year was the Sony Discman unveiled?

A. 1987

Who was the lead singer of The Replacements? Paul Westerberg.

What was the first single off of The Who's last studio album It's Hard? Athena.

What " boy wonder " producer produced The Ramones' 1980 album End Of The Century? Phil Spector.

Paul Weller was leader of what mod/Brit power pop trio? The Jam.

These are tougher ones:

Name two 80's artists that were credited with reviving the blues to the mainstream in the 1980's: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robert Cray.

What blues artist plays lead guitar on David Bowie's Let's Dance LP? Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Edited by Guest