Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 3 more games, We're going to win it, and help to knock out the Leafs from the playoffs for another year...

????????????

When the fuck did the Sens ever knock the Leafs out of the playoffs?????

You might want to take another look at your Sens playoff record over the past 10 years:

Overall Playoff Record: 36-43

Stanley Cup Championships: none

2006 -- defeated Tampa Bay, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

lost to Buffalo, 4-1, Eastern Conf. semifinals

2004 -- [color:red]lost to Toronto, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2003 -- defeated NY Islanders, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

defeated Philadelphia, 4-2, Eastern Conf. semifinals

lost to New Jersey, 4-3, Eastern Conf. finals

2002 -- defeated Philadelphia, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

[color:red]lost to Toronto, 4-3, Eastern Conf. semifinals

2001 -- [color:red]lost to Toronto, 4-0, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2000 -- [color:red]lost to Toronto, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

1999 -- lost to Buffalo, 4-0, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

1998 -- defeated New Jersey, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

-- lost to Washington, 4-1, Eastern Conf. semifinals

1997 -- lost to Buffalo, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

And hey, how come OPP Constable Sewage didn't wink and say hi to his Mommy last night? Did something happen to her?

lyndon.gif

Edited by Guest

With 3 more games' date=' We're going to win it, and help to knock out the Leafs from the playoffs for another year...[/quote']

????????????

When the fuck did the Sens ever knock the Leafs out of the playoffs?????

FROM the playoffs dude. You guys win a few more against us last year and you might have made it.

Thanks for the history lesson though. How long have you been holding on to that one? ;)

my favourite part was the Leafs playing for the shootout with about 30 seconds left in OT

I know you are supposed to take away something positive from any game but Jeeeeeeeeeeeshush.

No, the positive is the point.

I was merely countering whitey's insightful comments with my own.

FROM the playoffs dude. You guys win a few more against us last year and you might have made it.

I understand the FROM point dude :) However, that is what i'm laughing at. How can anyone say that a specific few games from the regular season account for missing the playoffs? It's easy to say that, but it's the overall record from the regular season that is responsible, NOT games against one team. The only exception would be if there was a regular season playoff game to break a tie to get into the playoffs (RARE).

Thanks for the history lesson though. How long have you been holding on to that one? ;)

LOL ... i'm happy to teach history anytime :)

Whatever the case, it was a great game last night and the better team at the rink won. Plain and simple. I'm always ready to admit that in any game.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

The Playoffs are about nothing more than winning the Stanley Cup. Even if the Leafs beat the Sens, they did it at the cost of a) winning the cup and B) making the cup... probably wasn't going to happen those Leafs teams were not geared for the Defensive play that actually won the Championship (where a young trapping Sens team may of lined up better against the teams in the later round (took New Jersey to the wall when we met, and OWNED Philly in the Playoffs)). The Leafs played to beat Ottawa, where Ottawa was playing for the Cup. What the Leafs left on the Ice against the Sens, they were never able to pick up in later rounds. We just buttered em up for New Jersey and Philly to destroy the Leafs in the following round. You can gather all the silly pride you want from that, but when people mention the word Stanley and Toronto in the same sentance, it's usually followed by a laugh. I'm mean '67 the last cup for a "hockey town"... sad... really sad, and Doug Gilmour and the Pat Quinn budget era left a long time ago. Our excuse, we are an expansion team. We still have the second youngest team in the league, and it's getting to the point that we finally have significant playoff games for our leaders. Young Redden, Phillips, and Alfie, are now entering their "Brindamour years"... Except for Sundin, who does Toronto have from that Quinn era? It's not going to be the same result if/when we meet in the playoffs. Shootouts... and 3rd period collapses... That's not playoff hockey, that's Leafs hockey.

Present day... it's a easily achievable goal to get a Leafs team to miss the playoffs by a point or two, and saftley secures the 12th draft pick as their reward/punishment. It happened last year, it'll happen this year. We'll be able to thank Carolina, Pittsburg, and the Islanders for that... oh Montreal, it would help if you could win a couple against the Leafs too.

Say what you want about the Sens vs. the Leafs, but the Sens look past the Leafs into the strotsphere of great hockey, but the Leafs can't ignore the Sens. Their season lives and dies by how they do against the Senators, and this one will be no exception.

Writing all this gives me happy fingers.

I agree, 110%. I relish the chance at another meeting. BUT it certainly was a psycological victory the Leafs put on the Sens, and yes, THIS is the consequence, having to defend the record. Still we have alot of players with the experience of those losses, still on the same team, and still maturing to the league. The Leafs, on the other hand, have scraps of those teams that won (agains the Sens... No Belfour!)... the shoe will be on the other foot the next time around. A guy like Ian White is going to have an interesting experience the first couple of times on the dance floor. And looking at what Buffalo did to Zedeno Chara in the Playoffs last year, what do you think is going to happen to a Todd Gill?

I relish the chance at another meeting.

So do I William.

So do I and I also agree with your points regarding the team the Sens have built.

I was merely countering whitey's insightful comments with my own.

Now back to you Ollie. Your comments arent very insightful when you take into account that the Leafs actually got the extra point by playing for the shootout. Seriously. Unless I missed something about Alfie getting booed on home ice.

Now back to you Ollie. Your comments arent very insightful when you take into account that the Leafs actually got the extra point by playing for the shootout. Seriously. Unless I missed something about Alfie getting booed on home ice.

Smart? Yes. Playing scared? Yes.