Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William, at least you help raise their IQ.

I am the first to admit you are all in for at least another generation before the support in this city gets full-blown but I'll tell you what. My kids wont be part of that master plan unless they want to be leaving the nest far earlier than they hoped.

I agree with your relatively objective point of view.

I've been to Leaf games in Toronto before. Games when they had Harold Ballard, Rick Vaive, Borje Salming, and they still sucked. Games where I've sat in seats at Maple Leaf Gardens where you had to walk on the players bench to get to them, and walk by Doug Gilmour getting interviewed to get popcorn and a soda between periods. I was at Gretzky's first game as a King in Toronto, with Ballard hovering over my right shoulder in his private box ('I was 12 rows down, it wasn't like that')... I couldn't believe Gretzky ended that game with 3pts... I was dissapointed cause he wasn't a flashy player that game... I was pretty naieve at that age.

In Ottawa I got to see the team grow into what they have become. Sticking to their game plan... playing an uptempo, hard working, finesse game, with a team first attitude that was able to achieve fantasitic regular season stats, including a presidents trophy with the 12th lowest payroll in hockey, and with rookies becoming household names left right and centre. Even the list of sucessful Senator Alumni on other teams is ver impressive... got to go to my fair share of games cause of the Student Prices! I got to see my first playoff game against the Devils, and the Fans were in my opinion, the epitome of loud when SVA put in that pass from Havlat.

I've even seen Mattieu Garons first game as a Hab against the Bruins... and I can tell you that if there is one thing that is killing the Sens, it's there/their fans. Now that I think of it, the Sens team first attitude has probably helped them alot to overcome the cold shoulder they get from the community. And it is so subtle, but there is a buzz that you have in MLG, ACC, Bell centre or wherever that just isn't there at the Sens games. The Leaf fans were great at capitalizing on it, and CLEARLY they have taken a psycological edge in the series, already punishing us enough for my liking. The Habs, have also learned this strategy. The only ones left to reach this level of awareness are the Sens fans. They need to learn how to help orchestrate a game by providing a significant buzz during 'lulls' in a game. This is where they usually fall asleep. And in their desperation, the players keep stepping up to score more goals to impress these sleepy fans... and even then they don't get that buzz unless they are two down.

It gets to the point that they take on a Jeckle and Hyde personna as a team, which is exactly what we saw last year. Thankfully, to some good coaching, we've overcome the early season struggles, but at the cost of having to play closer, more unpredicatable and harder working games. Unless the Sens fans take it to the next level, they team will always have to compete against that psycological edge they have against them. Ask AD... I feel I've always done my fair share at the Sens games up in the 300's with my $15.00 ticket (once a year in the 100's for $15)... You can fuckin ram your car into someone elses in the parking lot, and even that won't get a Sens fan excited.... Sorry IrishMan. :P

I got to see my first playoff game against the Devils, and the Fans were in my opinion, the epitome of loud when SVA put in that pass from Havlat.

I am pretty sure that was the game I was at with Roller and DaveO. Fucking right on is all I have to say. That building was insane. I was proud of all involved. A total blast!

but at the cost of having to play closer, more unpredicatable and harder working games.

That is EXACTLY the lesson they have needed to learn all these many years. We are talking about a perrenial favorite that has tanked at the most inopportune times. Playing the game and winning at all costs is what is important to victory.

See the recent success of Peyton and the Colts.

Could the Sens have been taught this having made moves for veterans in past trade deadline dates? Perhaps but it is too hard to say. I am sure they worked along the 'If it aint broke, dont fix it' model. This team is looking good but I highly doubt you will see a big splash at the deadline this year. Comrie was their move. They may grab some grit/leadership or get rid of Corvo for another defenceman but what else do they need to do?

Not much.

The Senators' name is on the Stanley Cup 9 times, if you want to get factual here.

Toronto - 90 Seasons and 13 Cups

Ottawa - 56 Seasons and 9 Cups

Yeah but our 'Forum Replies' to Stanley Cups, and 'Forum Views' to Stanley Cups ratios are embarassing. It's like Detroit in 95' proportions!!! Now harness that energy Kanata!!!!

I can't wait for the game tonight! I'm going to listen to it on the RADIO! Fack, center ice package, in Toronto, no TSN, I don't get the game... what a rip off.

the Sens have the longest Stanley Cup drought in the NHL. Good work.

At least we have an excuse... The Leafs just keep losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing.

Yeah, that's 40 years of no Cups straight.

Ask AD... I feel I've always done my fair share at the Sens games up in the 300's with my $15.00 ticket (once a year in the 100's for $15)... You can fuckin ram your car into someone elses in the parking lot, and even that won't get a Sens fan excited.... Sorry IrishMan. :P

Hahah IrishMan took it in the rear, that was hilarious.

Will definitely brings his A Game to Sens games, I'll back him up on that 100%.

will1.jpg

will2.jpg

My next door neighbour says he deserves at least 5 games and I just read this at Hockey Buzz:

What's the difference between Ray Emery and Marty McSorley?

None.

Brutally flagrant stick shot to the head/face of an unsuspecting player.

One is banned for life, one is given a 2 minute minor.

Are you serious?

If the league doesn't review this and hand out a suspension it is absolutely ridiculous.

What do we need, a lifeless corpse convulsing on the ice? Blindness?

If it was Sidney Crosby and not Max Lapierre would the reaction be the same?