Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
Roller ... i love that jersey in your avatar, btw. Curious, does the number 43 hold any significance ??

I don't know if it simply a coincidence, but 43 was the number that Brisebois was using when he was chased out of town about four years ago. It may be related, it may not be. The name is a classic.

Playoffs? Yup, even though the last couple of years the Leafs have decided to take a break during that part of the season, they still remember a lot of recent playoffs.

2000 beat the Sens

2001 beat the Sens

2002 beat the Sens

2004 beat the Sens

Now, if we REALLY remember wayyyy back, there was one really wild playoff year and that was good ol' '04 (1904 that is) when the Ottawa Silver Seven defeating the Toronto Marlboros for the Stanley Cup

;)

;)

;)

Edited by Guest

If I could fill in the blanks for you

2003 - President's Cup - Ottawa loses in semis to NJ (Toronto loses in first round)

2005 - Lockout

2006 - Lost in second round (Toronto? Golfing?)

2007 - Stanley Cup finalists (Toronto? Fishing?)

Always a great debate. Neither team has been satisfied in the playoffs in a long time. At least the Sens have their sights set a bit higher than beating the Leafs.

But it's still fun.

There was a pretty hilarious moment at the Senators' morning skate today. You may have heard that last night, Patrick Eaves suffered a separated shoulder and is expected to be out of the lineup for a long time (that's not the funny part obviously).

So the team decided to call up Russian Alexander Nikulin from Binghamton to replace him on the roster. Asked why it was Nikulin instead of Nick Foligno who got the call-up, John Paddock simply said, "because he's been the best player down there."

Anyways Nikulin speaks basically zero english, so it was pretty entertaining to watch reporters try to ask him some questions. First a couple guys tried asking stuff verrrrryy slllowwwwllly as if thaaat wouuuldd hellllp.

That didn't work, so Senators spokesman Brian Morris went to get the team's other Russian, Anton Volchenkov, to act as a translator.

The two players come back out and are ready to start. So I say to Volchenkov: "Ok, well can you maybe ask him how he feels to be playing his first NHL regular season game" or something like that.

But Volchenkov isn't exactly fluent in English either and obviously my question was also lost in translation, because Volchenkov just started answering it withouth passing it along to Nikulin.

"You know, (Nikulin) is probably nervous, for sure in his first game...." he started, which got a good laugh from the scrum and some of the Senators who came to watch this communications experiment.

After we explained that he should ask the questions to Nikulin, Volchenkov did an admirable job and was a good sport about the whole thing.

As for the lineup, Nikulin is in and Randy Robitaille will be a game-time decision as he's dealing with a hand injury. If he goes in, presumably Brian McGrattan will come out.