Jambands.ca

kind soul --please burn this show for me...

Calamity Jane

currently streaming 71-10-30 (at the Taft Auditorium) and thoroughly enjoying it. Then just before SugarMag, there's this whole stage banter between Jerry and some audience dude who keeps yelling for Truckin'. Jerry says something like, "hey, do have hafta be a cop about it? Truckin'! Truckin'! We'll play whatever the hell we feel like playing (audience roars) and who knows, you might like it, it might be better than Truckin. And what about all those people who don't like truckin? what about them?" Then Bobby advises the people in the back to be careful because they're about to get a load of live chickens dropped on them!!!! (And then after SugarMag Bobby says "we're taking a 3 second pause to scratch our assess and think it over..." finally breaking into Truckin'!!!)

Friggen' priceless. I've heard so little Jerry banter and I love it when I do.

now to my plea...............we have NO space left on our hard drive and so I can't burn this baby for myself! any help appreciated!

hoping this Link works

Calamity, I'm downloading this one for you right now. Currently whipping along at 180KB/s so it should be done in 30 minutes. Give me a shout later and you can come and get it. Actually I'll trade it for the rear-derailer from Dr. Evil's old bike. :)

There was a Dead show in the early '90s (I think 1990) on April Fools Day. The Boys all came out and played each other's instruments for the first half-song; and then stopped to yell "April Fools!". Awesome.

I also have a Phish show from back when they used to try to have their own "language" in musical notes. When they played certain things, the audience was supposed to fall to the ground, or sing a random note, or turn and applaud the soundman... On this show, they go through all the different musical-commands to teach the audience. (I think it's from Providence, RI 1996.) If you want that one, let me know Deb.

Ive got a Dead-show where a fight breaks up right beside the stage and the band starts yellin at the guys who are fighting to stop... 10.23.73 Bloomington Mn. not exactley banter but its still interesting

heres someones archive review

July 01, 2004

Reviewer: Krabcake O. Canada

Subject: The Bill & Keith show

A typically mind-massaging, creatively jammed show from the period. Of note here:

1. Bill's drums are loud on this tape, making this the best single place other than 8/1/73 to hear the full range of his amazing 1973 jazzy work. Keith also shines.

2. This is the show with the "interrupted" first encore. Apparrently the bouncers were harrassing the fans, irking the band considerably. It's kinda funny on tape, imagining an enraged Kreutzman jumping out from behind the kit mid-song to tackle an overzealous security guard. Which, rumor has it, is exactly what happened.

You won't be dissappointed with this if you like the late '73 jazz space.

I also have a Phish show from back when they used to try to have their own "language" in musical notes. When they played certain things, the audience was supposed to fall to the ground, or sing a random note, or turn and applaud the soundman... On this show, they go through all the different musical-commands to teach the audience. (I think it's from Providence, RI 1996.) If you want that one, let me know Deb.

this sounds hilarious! It sounds slightly similar to what Dave Clark (formerly of Rheos) gets up to with his "12 lane highway" antics in Hillside workshops. Of course, I'd love a copy. Thanks, man! Do you already have our address? And what can we do you in kind?

for banter, the best shows I know of are:

7-2-88 ("We want Phil" banter)

http://www.archive.org/download/gd88-07-02.sbd-matrix.dan.21211.sbeok.shnf/gd88-07-02d1t04_64kb.mp3

5-15-70 acoustic set (early and late). More stand-up comedy than concert!

http://www.archive.org/download/gd70-05-15.early-late.sbd.97.sbeok.shnf/gd70-5-15D1T01_vbr.mp3

Edited by Guest

I don't have your address, so please send it to me via "private topic". I'll send the disc out by next week.

As a point of interest… I once dubbed this show for Velvet. Later that summer, we were at a Phish show and Velvet heard the musical command telling him to drop, so he suddenly fell to the ground on purpose. (He was the only one.)

No need to send anything in return. (One day, however, when we meet in person, maybe I'll bug you guys for a Harvard Mouse show?)

I have a good show where they explain it all. It's especially cool when Trey talks about being able too do it in the middle of jams to, then says something like, "for example, during a Bowie jam", and they bust RIGHT into a sick jam - like that is possible!