Jambands.ca

Illustrator Training in Tdot?

Large Marge

OK, so I've been giving work a hard time for providing training only to those who work in New York... now they’ve actually come back and asked what training would I like, and where can I get it locally?

“Duh, I dunno Boss… really I was just blowing a whole bag o’ hot air†- not the best answer.

Instead, I could say: “Well you know that forum site that I’m not supposed to surf around on all day? Well this great guy/gal named (insert: Freak by Night, popoweenie, Fuji nippa pie G or other inexplicable username) suggested that I go for training at _______.â€

I'm looking specifically for intermediate Photoshop and beginner Illustrator and basically anything else that I can convince the Man that I have a business-related need to know.

Cheers!

I have looked into this...here's a start...if employer is paying might be worth it to check university - "Continuing Education" courses go here: (scroll down to "Information Technology"

http://ce-online.ryerson.ca/ce/calendar/default.asp?section=course⊂=sector&sector=technology&mode=crs_list

If they are reluctant to pay for University level - College level is just as good/useful and half the price. Seminars tend to be just as expensive so it depends on how you learn...ie: if you can take a seminar for one saturday and walk away with what was covered great but if you'd prefer to take some time to learn then try college "continuing education" courses such as.

Sheridan - http://sculptor.sheridanc.on.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10101&categoryId=10180&top=Y

You could also try Seneca or George Brown...search Continuing Education and all places offer online courses which are handy when you are REALLY BUSY!