Jambands.ca

Dylan/Scorcese Doc on PBS Sept 26

greasyfizeek

No idea where its being sold in Toronto,but since HMV pulled all Dylan CDs (due to the starbucks thingy) its been a bit hard to find for some folks.I posted a link awhile back to winamp.com,they had the entire collection available (listen only of course),not sure if its still up though.

I got my copy from a local shop & its awesome.But then again,I'm pretty bias when it comes to Dylan I guess.

[edit to add]

I did read someone onhere mention they got theirs at Chapters (or whatever its called now-a-days).

Edited by Guest

Don't get me wrong, I in no way have any love for HMV, but if memory serves, there not pulling the Dylan stuff because someone else had access to it(ie Starbucks) but rather because Columbia Records decided to offer exclusive rights to Starbucks on a different Dylan release...

Not that it makes it right, but I understand their stance...

To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of Columbia Rcording's policies... I still remember the Phil & Dylan deal in Fall 1999 and Summer 2000 where people had to strip their recording rigs for the Dylan sets b/c of Columbia Record's policies surrounding taping... Columbia wants exclusive access to live Dylan so that they can charge top dollar for every live release they offer... They assume that if they allow live recording, they increase the supply and decrease the demand which woul decrease their profit margins(the Dick's Picks crew could definitely show them the errors in that train of thought).. And that's jsut one of their money grubbing polocies I dislike...

But hey that's just me

Peace, Love,

and Dancin Shoes

Paul

Don't get me wrong, I in no way have any love for HMV, but if memory serves, there not pulling the Dylan stuff because someone else had access to it(ie Starbucks) but rather because Columbia Records decided to offer exclusive rights to Starbucks on a different Dylan release...

Yep...the Starbucks thingy (as mentioned)

Although,they did the same thing with the Stones and Alanis Morissette (she's on Maverick records).

This action is a protest against an exclusive retail deal given to Starbucks coffee shops for a new Dylan LP, Live At The Gaslight 1962.

Kadaner did the same thing in 2003 when Rolling Stones' tour and merchandise manager Michael Cohl made an exclusive deal with Best Buy and Future Shop for the Four Flicks Rolling Stones DVD. They did the same thing to Elton John after the singer's DVD set Dream Ticket was also issued exclusively to Best Buy and Future Shop. This summer, after Starbucks was given limited rights to Jagged Little Pill Acoustic, Alanis Morissette albums and DVDs were pulled from HMV stores for six weeks.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/09/1208.cfm

I have no love for HMV nor Columbia records either, but if HMV really wanted to protest this,they should've pulled every columbia artist if they really want to make a statement,I know a few small shops are loving this now & ordering all Dylan discs to sell,most even cheaper then HMV.

Edited by Guest

Watched NDH tonight.

Bob gets pretty candid,direct & seemily genuine in comparison to past interviews I've seen,open,honest without metaphoric style answers,to say I'm pleased would be a serious understatement.

Probally the best Dylan DVD I have seen.Highly recommended.