Jambands.ca

Planning a film night in O-town

AdamH

Fuck I'm stupid.

I blanked out on a Wes Anderson Night (Rushmore>Tenenbaums)

Yes I agree with every other choice except for Shelley Long. In terms of a venue I'm in good with The Honest Lawyer but some of you Neroheads probably have better connections.

Ideally we'd have about 30 or 40 people each put in 3 bucks to go towards screen and movie rentals and snacks, and if a bar can host it as a fundraiser and give a portion of drink sales to the cause that would be ideal too. It would be nice to drink beer and have some laughs and give $100 in support of an arts organization or something.

This seems like something geared to fall /winter so I'm thinking late October and November for the first night. If that goes well we'll try and do others.

Love the idea. If it's not a work night for me, the Owlette and would love to kick in.

If you have a Belushi night, you gotta play 1941 -- stinkiest Spielberg flick, but still good sloppy fun (I love the "check for stilts" line). And speaking of Aykroyd, I have a real soft spot for "Dr. Detroit".

Does it all have to be comedy (not that I really mind)? What about a really bad Stallone flick (hmmm, let me think...), and encourage shouting stuff at the screen Rocky Horror-style?