Jambands.ca

Folk Alarm @ Hugh's Room - Those Crazy Bastards!!!

can-o-phish

All I can say about Folk Alarm's show the other night at Hugh's Room was that it was one of the best musical experiences I have experienced. Think Kevin Breit meets Django hanging with Levon Helm who's kickin' it with Bela who's strumming along with Garcia & Grisman from Grateful Dawg...

It was just an evening with world class musicians who were having a BLAST!!!

These are some low-res pics but I've got a ton of them comin' my way.

FA-1.JPG

FA-2.JPG

FA-3.JPG

There's a sample of the night, a tune called "The Crazy Bastard" for download. Follow this link The Crazy Bastard scroll down, click on the pic of the Sisters and enjoy :)

Hey KevO,

Nope, unfortunately they did not play 40 Days, 39 Nights. Most of the tunes were from their brand spankin' new CD "Folk Alarm 5". PM me your address in Seoul and I'll see if I can drop a copy in the mail for you when it's all finished with mixing & mastering.

Guitarchitect (Terry), is uploading some lossless Sisters Euclid & Folk Alarm shows that I've given him so check the torrent/archive section here as well and posts from Guitarchitect.

What's Seoul throwing at you these days?

*sigh* missed another brilliant one, i see.

hugh's room is by far one of the most civilized places i've ever seen a show. saw stephen fearing there last winter from a very comfy table after enjoying a wonderful dinner & bottle of wine with niffermouse. what a great setup!

so...was it recorded??