Jambands.ca

Pilates

MamaPink

Personally, I'd take a class before going to a video. My girlfriend (at the time) had me going for a bit last year (I was the only guy in a class comprised mainly of middle aged women - that took some getting used to and serious swallowing of the pride). Anyway, I found it pretty intense and rewarding, BUT, technique is everything. If you don't use the proper muscles, it doesn't work at all and you can mess up your body. I would go with a class first and then a video/on your own once you've been shown the basics.

ya know... i've been waiting very patiently for those videos backbacon... don't you think it's time you finally got around to making them? GOSH!

Yeah yeah, I know. It has been in the planning stages for a rediculously long amount of time. At least 3 years now. If it doesn't get done soon I imagine it won't at all. I'm not getting any younger! :(

Hey LMP. I would also recommend that you take a class before moving to a video. Pilates requires some precise movements that involve your core and it's imperitive that you understand how to do the movements.

Once you have a good understanding of how Pilates works, try the Windsor Pilates series (skip the beginner and go for the more challenging stuff, at first you may not be able to finish the whole video but there lies the challenge). I have never been more toned than when I was doing pilates regularly.

Oh and if you come to Ottawa I actually have an extra pilates video that you can have.

Have fun!