Jambands.ca

Sens lose first pre-season game......... to the HABS!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

The Senators, who were playing a full squad, lost 6-3 to the Habs, who sat guys like Koivu, Latendresse, Theodore, and Markov.

Thomas Plekanec is continuing to make a solid case for a spot on the roster, recording a goal in his last four pre-seson games.

There is an upset brewing in the fight for "goon" in the Habs line-up. Everyone thought that Peter Vandermeer had it all wrapped up before the pre-season even started. However, very quietly, Latvian giant Raitas Ivanans has creeped his way into the role. How quietly you ask? I never even heard his name mentioned in training camp until last night's game. I wasn't even sure if he was real or not. 6'4" 263lbs. will apparently crack the line-up and Vandermeer will be sent to the minors despite an NHL contract.

Martin Havlat scored two goals for the Senators. It seems like the top line for the Sens is going to be Havlat/Spezza/Alfredsson. Is Spezza really ready to anchor the top line?

It seems like the top line for the Sens is going to be Havlat/Spezza/Alfredsson. Is Spezza really ready to anchor the top line?

It's going to look more like Heatley/Spezza/Bochenski and Havlat/Smolinski/Alfie to start the season. Although the Havlat/Fisher/Neil combo always has great chemistry and spark.

Guest Low Roller

I will be the first to admit that Ottawa is a better team overall. I wouldn't of been surprised if Ottawa went the entire pre-season undefeated. Having the Habs be the only team to beat them in the pre-season is pretty cool. The humbling loss on Sunday was Ottawa getting serious.

The humbling loss on Sunday was Ottawa getting serious.

I love the Habs too but also can admit when another team is talented. Ottawa is a monster this year. The only weakness I see them having is in goal. Hasek is great but I'm wondering if he will stay the entire season. If he does and plays injury free they are defenitly the team to beat.

Montreal is looking good and I'm confident they will make the playoffs. The new rules suit this team.

No if you talk to a Leaf fan they will tell you that every other team sucks and that the Leafs are just one player from the Cup ;)